Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Brentford got beat 2-0 and carried on shitting the bed and parking the bus enough said . Bet there fans were proud of that performance.
Only losing 2-0 against us is a good result. Parking the bus is hoofing the ball upfield and everyone behind the ball, it's not pressing us around our penalty area and often having attackers with a sight of goal.

Not wanting to attack us is parking the bus. Not being able to get the ball to attack us is our fault. I blame Pep.

I’ve decided there’s something wrong with me! I very rarely find a game of football played by City to be boring. Ok not the best match I’ve watched but it was exciting, interesting and we should have scored more goals but not boring.

The atmosphere and noise was top notch, the opposition manager has a voice like a child when he screeches at his players. He only came out of his technical area once on ‘my’ side of it but he was close to going in to join Pep a few times in his area but I didn’t notice him that much last night as I was just enjoying the game.

John Boy was a joy to watch, Cancelo, KDB and Sterling, like him were everywhere and the rest were great.
Thank you City, thank you Blue supporters, you were fantastic.
As I said there’s something wrong with me or maybe it’s still a left over from the days when we weren’t as good?
I think a few find it a little tedious when a team parks the bus and tries to hit us on the break as is becoming the norm. Personally, I see it as a challenge which 9 times out of 10 we win.

Most of the teams we play nowadays are playing 2D drafts while we’re playing 4D chess.

Great result but we played a very pedestrian game. When we got to 2-0 it was very comfortable and we began to create a few chances but I am not sure we would have won that game had Brentford not made two big mistakes.
Playing in second gear is OK if you know how to engage first gear (or is it third gear? - the analogy is a bit dated with cars having five or six).

Great result but we played a very pedestrian game. When we got to 2-0 it was very comfortable and we began to create a few chances but I am not sure we would have won that game had Brentford not made two big mistakes.
We would have found a way

City aren't a boring team, but last night was a boring game, not helped by limited opponents and our players mindful of harder games on the horizon.

Read the full thread and I think this is your 5th post going on about how average we were and if Brentford hadnt made 2 'terrible' mistakes we wouldnt have won the game.

The penalty was good from Sterling the defender had to slide to try to block the cross Sterling positioned himself between the defender and the ball, second one granted a poor mistake from their keeper but contributed to by our very very good pressing and cutting off passing lanes.

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 chances Sterling could have buried 1 the overhead and the other when he went clean through and 2 Cancelo could have with his chance in the first half and from his ridiculous run in the second.

Granted it wasnt the most exciting spectacle but against 11 behind the ball, to say we wouldnt have won without their (forced) mistakes is absolute bollocks

Fuck me Brentford are a hard watch, they might as well be Burnley. Our training sessions are more strenuous. Few players a bit rusty after the break but nonetheless we did what we had to do. Kudos to the blue who had a go at me for moaning about timewasting and wanting Spurs to win. Next time, if there is one, keep out of other people‘s conversations and keep your nasty comments and hands to yourself. Utter oxygen thief.

3 more points, one game less for chaser(s) to make up ground, and one game closer to the desired end!
For one, I thank you for your sacrifice and the club thanks you for your support.

Never understood how ANYONE can complain about a person who pays their money and makes their choice.

I guess some people are a little sensitive to what rival fans say, but they’re usually not the ones that have to spend hours and hours getting to and from games, or for whom those 10 minutes can save significant hassle.

Gotta be the “right kind” of Blue on here sometimes!!
Funny though how people will stay when we play say Liverpool or Utd.

So all the bollocks about traffic etc is just that bollocks

There were more Brentford fans there in the last 5 mins

You telling me everyone has a long journey

As for choice, I get that but I also make the choice to stay and I want to watch the full match and not have to bob and weave as the leave early brigade do their usual dance.

It started with a few, now it's in the thousands as if they are all sheep

If everyone as it is getting leaves early, surely the traffic is the same at 85 mins as 90 mins also.

Will people be leaving at 70 mins next

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.