Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

It is easy to say it was a routine win, but it was death by slow strangulation. The TV "experts" were banging on about us scoring two goals that were mistakes by Brentford, as if scoring from mistakes somehow makes them less valid. We created the conditions for the mistakes to be made. We starved them of any meaningful possession, so when they did have possession the ball was a hot potato , they were rushed and lacked composure. That is the true brilliance of our team, we minimise threat whilst maximising opportunity. That comes through a mix of tactical superiority and relentless hunger to reclaim the ball back when we lose it. That mix allows us to have nights when we are not at our very best to still be too good for most teams in the league.

Tactically we were superb, Stones complimenting Cancelo by doing a similar job on the right. He tucked into midfield and helped us dominate the ball, Cancelo was excellent again, he really is unlike any other full back I have ever seen. Raheems direct running not only won us the pen, he scared his marker all night and kept them stretched. A couple of players had quiet games, but thier work ethic made up for their lack of involvement.

Fair play to Brentford too, they never gave up, they defended manfully. I hope they stay up they are one of London's more agreeable clubs.

Great 3 points and that's always the main thing regardless of who we play.
Brentford came to make it as difficult as possible for us to play our normal passing game but as we usually do we found a way to win.
Thought Eddie had a very good game considering he didn't have lots to do but kept his concentration and was brave making sure he got the ball and it was a fantastic save in the 2nd half albeit the Brentford player was well offside..
Stones and Cancello were excellent and we didn't miss Kyles pace as much as I thought we might.
KDB put in a shift and did some great defensive work..Raz worked hard too.. thought Phil was under par but he keeps trying.
Grealish looked good when he came on as did Gundo.
It's never the most exciting of games when we play teams like Brentford etc who are more concerned with avoiding a pasting than trying to win.

Funny though how people will stay when we play say Liverpool or Utd.

So all the bollocks about traffic etc is just that bollocks

There were more Brentford fans there in the last 5 mins

You telling me everyone has a long journey

As for choice, I get that but I also make the choice to stay and I want to watch the full match and not have to bob and weave as the leave early brigade do their usual dance.

It started with a few, now it's in the thousands as if they are all sheep

If everyone as it is getting leaves early, surely the traffic is the same at 85 mins as 90 mind also.

Will people be leaving at 70 mins next
Who the fuck cares?!

Last I checked, the ground wasn’t a prison and people were allowed to come and go as they please.

Now, if they’re in and out all fucking game, that’s a problem, but given a row usually has about, what, 20 seats, and even if you were on the end, that’d mean at most about 8-10 people leaving past you towards the end of the game…IF you ended up alone on the row…and maybe a similar number on the row in front of you, what’s the big fucking deal?

I have no idea why people get so pissed off with other people making their own decisions about their own lives, as long as they’re not actually harming others.

In years gone by, City couldn’t dig out victories against this type of opposition, all that’s changed now, we have the best squad of players ever to grace the PL and a Champions mentality to go with it …. Remarkable times for our club and after 40 odd years of hurt I’m loving every millisecond of it..

My lad's boss gave him 3 tickets for the Commonwealth Bar, so he took me and his brother. Would never gave done it myself, and view compared to my normal CB3 a bit weird, but nice to get Amstel in a glass and pie and peas on a plate. Definitely no prawn sandwich brigade, very casual. City do the hospitality very well.

Enjoyed the game, I always do, Brentford tough and organised but City ground them down. Kevin put in a great defensive shift I thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.