Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Quietest I've seen Bernie for a while, but we always have someone in the team who steps up for a few weeks.

It's Mahrez, Kev and Cancelo right now.

Think Foden has been struggling in that false nine for a bit, just doesn't get the most out of him.

Would rather see Gundo take up the false nine and have Phil replace Sterling wide left or on the right when Mahrez doesn't play.
I was thinking similar regarding Foden after last night. Wouldn't it be great if they all started being at the top of their game at the same time, we'd be even more fearsome.

It's simplistic, but the way I see it Pep's City 1.0 was much happier going punch for punch and being quicker in transition and we got dumped out of Europe by teams because it becomes like a heavyweight slogging boxing match and they only need to land a lucky punch and we are knocked out.

Pep's City 2.0 is built on control, and not giving the other team the opportunity to land a punch. Gary Neville described it as Mayweather boxing, and we've got to a CL final playing like that. It's a little slower to watch against some of the smaller teams, but it's more sustainable. Though the real test is Europe again. We'll know at the end of the season!

Very much so the counters and transitions aren’t as quick as what we did in 2018-19. It’s more slow short passes moving up the field then finding overloads and strangling a team to death. It’s working as it’s got us to champions league final, need to sharpen it up and turn up to the occasion to go one step more.

Very much so the counters and transitions aren’t as quick as what we did in 2018-19. It’s more slow short passes moving up the field then finding overloads and strangling a team to death. It’s working as it’s got us to champions league final, need to sharpen it up and turn up to the occasion to go one step more.
Makes it a little harder to watch sometimes though, especially when some of the slow, short passes are to the side or back and not forwards. I want to win that champions league so yes lets sharpen it up.

Quietest I've seen Bernie for a while, but we always have someone in the team who steps up for a few weeks.

It's Mahrez, Kev and Cancelo right now.

Think Foden has been struggling in that false nine for a bit, just doesn't get the most out of him.

Would rather see Gundo take up the false nine and have Phil replace Sterling wide left or on the right when Mahrez doesn't play.
Foden, bernie and kdb sometimes don’t work out fluidly but when bernie moved to left side toward the last 15mins or so , he was fantastic covering up for cancelo .

Makes it a little harder to watch sometimes though, especially when some of the slow, short passes are to the side or back and not forwards. I want to win that champions league so yes lets sharpen it up.

Its simplicity in what it does with the passing, not taking risks and losing the ball means they can’t score. Then making the opposition having to chase the ball knackers them out, when the tiredness or lack of concentration goes for a split second the over load happens and we are in.

great controlling show, we will see more exciting first halves but second half i stood there admiring some beautiful pep passing and tapping about. We controlled the game, a solid 2 nil win against a team wanting to kill the game.
8/10 for that, keep the points coming whilst the ones around say "ffs nobody will catch them up"

I don’t disagree but most PL clubs at our place don’t seem capable of defending well, keep a bit of possession and attack us, it always seems to be park the bus and hope for bits and pieces on the break. I accept we are bloody good but it would be good if another actually worked out how to do it. The closest I have seen to someone doing that was Southampton
Ahem, Crystal Palace did us earlier in the season, we always struggle against them.

City fanbase as follows

Happy clapper
Optimistic
Balanced
Always on edge
Negative
Never Happy
Complete doom merchant

Marvin:
Bluemoon forum members are mainly in the bottom 4.

Matchday thread members are just complete doom merchants.

It wasn't the superb performance that we've become accustomed to but it was a good professional job against a team that came to defend. I don't have an issue with their tactics as they are not paid to entertain us. I do have am issue with time wasting cheats like Wolves and Southampton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.