Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

I just don't understand why we continue to play Gundo and Kevin in the team together. Kevin needs freedom to roam. Our best team is with Bernado in midfield with Rodri and Kevin. Grealish would have been chumping at the bit after his performance in midweek and Phii, in opinion, plays better on the right.

Odd that the fans can see it,yet.....

I don’t know about that.. We still have to see Arsenal after the World Cup and under huge pressure in January and February
I just have a feeling that they have already peaked, and a decline is coming.
If the continue with their form, then yes our games vs Arsenal would potentially decide the title
Arsenal are certainly playing well. However they have had no major injuries in the squad. Time will tell.

Odd that the fans can see it,yet.....
It’s the Gundo blindspot that Pep has, always thinks he’s good for popping up with a goal and no doubt harks back to the Villa game last season. Bottom line though is he’s a passenger in a lot of games and isn’t scoring regularly in the slightest, crazy he played the full 90 yesterday.

I see some complaining about pushing for the win while drawing.

We did that against Fulham and turned 1 point into 3.
Today, we did it against their local neighbors and lost 1 point.

I’ll do the math for you…we ended up 1 point ahead of where we would have been by ”settling” for 2 draws!

If THIS TEAM isn’t pushing for a win, at home, against Brentford, then what’s it all mean?

They did us on the break…again! It’s what teams do to us. HOWEVER, that is a function of being the most attacking, high goals scoring, most successful team in the Premier League for the last decade!

What troubles me is the individual performances of some players, because Pep’s system relies on a cohesive unit, where one passenger can bring the whole thing crashing down, and Pep’s seeming reluctance to change what is clearly not working!

He left it waaay too late to bring Bernardo in off the wing! Who wastes one of the best midfielders IN THE WORLD as a touchline hugger, when he’s got Grealish and Mahrez on the bench?

Who chooses to push Gundogan forward when he brings Bernardo into midfield alongside Rodri, when you’ve got fresher legs on the bench?

Their game was ALL about long high balls for knock ons, and punts down the line for one of the rabbits to chase, which ANYONE should have known, yet of our THREE most aggressive Centre Backs ZERO were played at Centre Back!

indeed, their first goal was a result of first Akanji being beaten to a header by Mee, then Laporte being beaten to a header by Toney….and them all being played onside by Stones playing Right Back…while Ederson neither came nor stayed and got “lobbed” by the header!

It was a shitshow all around!!!

And, by the time they did actually score, if it hadn’t been for Ederson, it’d have ALREADY been 2-0 and that would have been 3-0 down INSIDE 16 MINS!!!

Is there ANY chance we can get a player who can play RIGHT WING AND COME INSIDE IF PLAYED ON THE LEFT WING??? ANYONE??

When Bernardo is your Right Winger and Stones is your supporting Right Back, crosses are not really on the agenda, are they?

It’s no wonder Haaland prowled around all day with a face like a slapped arse! Best forward in the world and you can’t even get him the ball???

Oh well, enough of that shit! I knew it was in the cards after about 5 minutes, when they were plastering us, and the Commentator said

- they haven’t won away from home all season,
- they hadn’t beaten us since 1935,
- A City win would break a century’s old record
- A goal for Haaland would have been his 200th goal for club and country in his 200th appearance

Same old story of Typical City rearing its ugly head at the wrong moment!
Your first point here. Before that free kick was taken, it was obvious that the ball was going to be played to Mee. Toney was set up for the second ball and, yes, Stones, way out of the action, put Toney onside.

Pep was too blame yesterday

The team that he picked was wrong from the start and to make no changes until the death was unbelievable really

Bernardo had to go central and we needed somebody who could handle Toney, maybe Dias? Perhaps Mahrez and Grealish dribbling at them to create something as they easily dealt with our crosses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.