Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

See the breakaway goal Saturday they had 4 players up, we slow the pace right down when we can get at teams with one or 2 passes instead of 20 passes, like I said we need to change the way we play against certain teams but we don't learn, Palace have done it to us, wolves did it to us, Bournemouth did it to us, and the dippers don't defend against us but do us everytime because they break with pace and not 5 useless sideways and backward passes allowing us to get in shape
Then we win the league because it works more often than not, and we can never predict the game it might not work, last year it was Palace and Southampton, this year Brentford.
They may have got 4 players forward on the break , you can bet the the other 6 didn’t venture far from their box for this long ball over the top of them. Unlike Brighton who did, when guess what we played long balls and scored, so it’s hardly like we don’t play them given the opportunity, we rarely are though.So yes we do change things up when we can.

Then we win the league because it works more often than not, and we can never predict the game it might not work, last year it was Palace and Southampton, this year Brentford.
They may have got 4 players forward on the break , you can bet the the other 6 didn’t venture far from their box for this long ball over the top of them. Unlike Brighton who did, when guess what we played long balls and scored, so it’s hardly like we don’t play them given the opportunity, we rarely are though.So yes we do change things up when we can.
I'm not just saying a long ball over the top though am I, I am talking about breaking at pace as well and not letting the team come to defend get all their players set, as we play from keeper to defender, defender to another defender, defender to a midfielder, midfielder back to defender, defender back to keeper, rinse and repeat, days when we used to have pacey wingers like Sane and we would run at players

I'm not just saying a long ball over the top though am I, I am talking about breaking at pace as well and not letting the team come to defend get all their players set, as we play from keeper to defender, defender to another defender, defender to a midfielder, midfielder back to defender, defender back to keeper, rinse and repeat, days when we used to have pacey wingers like Sane and we would run at players
We have scored plenty of fast counter attacking goals breaking quickly since Sane left. Usually though games like Brentford we don’t let them get set, they are set and well drilled from the start and keep that shape all game. Usually we cut though , Saturday we didn’t.
I wasn’t there on Saturday so haven’t seen the game but did we have counter attack chances where they had left spaces at the back ?

We have scored plenty of fast counter attacking goals breaking quickly since Sane left. Usually though games like Brentford we don’t let them get set, they are set and well drilled from the start and keep that shape all game. Usually we cut though , Saturday we didn’t.
I wasn’t there on Saturday so haven’t seen the game but did we have counter attack chances where they had left spaces at the back ?
My point is, when players get at players and beat them it creates space as someone else has to come across and cover, we didn't get at anyone, we were slow and laboured and that is why there was no space, like previous posts when we play teams like Brentford we play into their hands with a slow build up

My point is, when players get at players and beat them it creates space as someone else has to come across and cover, we didn't get at anyone, we were slow and laboured and that is why there was no space, like previous posts when we play teams like Brentford we play into their hands with a slow build up
And usually probably 9/10 beat them, so your point has gone from long balls to quick counter attacks now its taking players on. Best we stick with Pep I think knowing exactly what he wants, as we nearly always win, at least enough times to win a league.

And usually probably 9/10 beat them, so your point has gone from long balls to quick counter attacks now its taking players on. Best we stick with Pep I think knowing exactly what he wants, as we nearly always win, at least enough times to win a league.
No my original point said both, I said attacking quick and sometimes maybe a ball over the top, so read it again, anyway you have your opinion I have mine, and for what my opinion is worth i think we have looked off the pace for a while now, and I dont think and it is my opinion that we will be winning the league this season, would love to be proven wrong

No my original point said both, I said attacking quick and sometimes maybe a ball over the top, so read it again, anyway you have your opinion I have mine, and for what my opinion is worth i think we have looked off the pace for a while now, and I dont think and it is my opinion that we will be winning the league this season, would love to be proven wrong
You will be, don’t worry.

We did at least twice against Brentford. Gundogan ballooned a great move over the bar and Alvarez pulled a ball back just behind Haaland.

We score either of those chances and this thread has 100 less pages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.