Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

I loved the league cup tie, we wasn't perfect but we had balance, we were vibrant and full of energy, open to the counter, but equally very dangerous, Saturday felt ponderous and lethargic and very unlike City. They are observations in isolation, this crop of players and manager have entertained me relentlessly for 5 years or so
Trouble on here, dare to moan and youre labelled an ungrateful ****.

Some games are fuckin painful and saturday was one.

It was the perfect storm of the way brentford played (total credit ti them, happy for their fans to be honest), a referee happy for them to waste time and city sluggish as fuck

I dont buy that most of our team didnt have one eye on the world cup. Been a few high profile pull outs and players are only human

I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a ‘failing’ of Pep, after all, he sees or gets to know pretty much everything that goes on in various training sessions beforehand, and likely makes a decision from that, personally though, what you’ve said would be my attitude in all honesty, some young players really thrive in that environment, those that don’t have plenty of time to come again.
I see it as a failing. Or clearly a trust issue. Is rico lewis a better RB than john stones?

Now im not one to praise united , ever, red bastards, but they will always sling a kid on

Example, the derby where rashford made his debut, they were short on strikers so they just go down the list to the next best one. Oh how we sniggered… didnt he bag 2?

So if we need a right back i would just go down the list, and lewis is the next fb.

I see it as a failing. Or clearly a trust issue. Is rico lewis a better RB than john stones?

Now im not one to praise united , ever, red bastards, but they will always sling a kid on

Example, the derby where rashford made his debut, they were short on strikers so they just go down the list to the next best one. Oh how we sniggered… didnt he bag 2?

So if we need a right back i would just go down the list, and lewis is the next fb.
How many trophies have united won in the Pep era with their way ? Think trophies on the table I prefer Peps way.

FFS 'a bit iffy' hes a fuxking nightmare and always has been...I think he's Pep project but dont understand why...He got rid of Sane who was better than Cancelo AND didnt have defensive duties. Why he's putting up with Cancelo as a FB is beyond me..
You've clearly lost the plot, give your head a wobble. The last 18 - 24 months he's been top 5 full back in the world, attacking well and doing a decent job going back as well. He got rid of Sane because he was a mopey ****, didn't put in the work and complained when someone else did and took his spot. Cancelo moaned, realised it didn't work and put his head down and got to grips with what he was being asked to do. He's the best attacking full back in the world, considering we have so much of the ball and so little space in the final 3rd, he is EXACTLY what we need. Can he lose concentration? Yes. Has he got better with it, undoubtedly. There is not another player i would want at left back to compliment the way that we play.

I was saying exactly the same all game long. I love Johnny Stones, but for me he is wasted at RB - ok on the defensive side but offers very little in forward areas. Lewis young, so should have been able to cope with a 3rd game, and is not going to the WC.

How many trophies have united won in the Pep era with their way ? Think trophies on the table I prefer Peps way.

I think the OP was pointing out that sometimes there are situations where players are thrown into games ( out of necessity or shortage of options ) and a gamble taken.

Pep seems reluctant to go down this route, preferring to play players out of position, which may cause the player used to look out of place. A central defender playing as a fullback ala Stones/Ake for example.

Just a thought.

I think the OP was pointing out that sometimes there are situations where players are thrown into games ( out of necessity or shortage of options ) and a gamble taken.

Pep seems reluctant to go down this route, preferring to play players out of position, which may cause the player used to look out of place. A central defender playing as a fullback ala Stones/Ake for example.

Just a thought.
Exactly what was meant

Like I said mate, I’m not disagreeing with the point of throwing a youngster in in their natural position, especially if they’ve shown real promise in previous games, I just don’t see that Pep would have thought the whole situation through so lightly, could be a myriad of reasons we don’t know about, could be part of Rico’s game and looking at the opposition, he thought Stones was a better fit, and I’m not one of those ‘Pep is always right’ fans either, he gets things wrong, what makes him the best manager is that he gets it wrong the least often.

In my view, play players in their positions and players in form. Therefore, Gomez should have played for Cancelo (not in form); Lewis should have played RB (not Stones position); Grealish wide left (in form); Alvarez up top (in form).

Bernie can play anywhere but is far more effective alongside Rodri than wide right. That, and the inclusion of Grealish, would have meant Foden and KDB interchanging on the right side of midfield. There would be no place for Akanji or Gundo in that suggested line-up, nor Erling (fitness and the form of Alvarez).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.