Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

Made the point yesterday that Pep needs to decide on his best eleven starters and stick with them, tired of seeing different front three and back four iterations every game. He also needs to learn how to swallow his pride and make changes when necessary, how the fuck did he sit through hundred minutes of that yesterday without demanding changes? The answer is hubris.

Thankfully, it's just still early enough in the season for us to get our shit together. But both Arsenal games are now must win.

Definitely think a huge part of Arsenal's success has been that they play basically the same side every game. Zinchenko injury aside.

Made the point yesterday that Pep needs to decide on his best eleven starters and stick with them, tired of seeing different front three and back four iterations every game. He also needs to learn how to swallow his pride and make changes when necessary, how the fuck did he sit through hundred minutes of that yesterday without demanding changes? The answer is hubris.

Thankfully, it's just still early enough in the season for us to get our shit together. But both Arsenal games are now must win.
Well get that Hubris on then!

The back four doesn’t work, John Stones is never a right back. Then you have a right back in Cancelo playing on the left, we don’t get any width from it. Hopefully this operation on Walker will have sorted him out as he’s not really been fit since the game in Madrid. Pep doesn’t have faith in Gomez to start him and give him a run of games. Cucurella going to Chelsea was a mistake for both him and City by looks of it, I think he could have done a job for us.

I think the players have got to the point they’re believing their own hype (“City are levels above everyone else in the league “ etc etc) . It’s almost as if they think they just need to turn up to win, no effort required. We’ve let complacency set in.

Some of our fan base probably guilty of this as well.

The simple truth is we can't defend, we rely on maximising the possession to reduce the opposition chances to score, but defensively we are that poor and have been for some time the opposition only n need a few chances and they can always score

Today was poor

6 - 7 years ago we played with far more energy and as each season goes by we get progressively slower and slower and slower such that much of our play is at walking pace

We don't need any more attacking / creative midfield players we just need defenders that can defend

We will ultimately end up disappearing up own arse playing lovely football but ultimately underperforming - we have had Wegner Ball and now we have Gaurdiola Ball
Good defenders are not good on the eye so we wouldn’t get them but I’d love a Tony Adam’s no nonsense defender if we don’t concede we don’t lose and we win the title . Feel for John stones as he is being played out of position aswell .

I think for a few people it’s not about the loss. I can accept any loss if the team have given their all. Yesterday there was no desire or effort that is what most people are annoyed at.
It is the first time for years I have seen a lack of effort from some players. We have lost many matches but yesterday some players were obviously holding back for the World Cup. We lost so many headers and challenges. Pep will be furious.

Exactly this mate. Was saying it myself in the stadium and on the bus home to whoever would listen. On the break is when the game opens up and too often we slow it right down. I like Rodri but sometimes he holds on to the ball far too long and stalls our attack. Often turning to face his own goal or playing it back to the defenders. He's not the only one guilty of this but he sees so much of the ball its more noticeable from him. Take it on the half turn and get the thing forward early.
Nothing more irritating than getting to their 18 yard box and we've given them the time to organise 10 men behind the ball. We then proceed to pass it around their 18 yard box for a few minutes without penatratiting before putting an awful cross in and it comes to nothing...again.
We got bullied today. I can take somebody being shit in the air but at least compete for the ball and make it difficult. Lack a bit of nastiness in the team I think.
We haven’t really got a captain who can pull Us out of the trenches when we need it either . Let’s face it if it wasn’t for haalands goals we’d be way off the pace

Finally got round to watching highlights this morning ..Gundogan and Akanji criminal defending for the winner.

Both should be no where near our best 11.
Akanji looked unsettled all game for some reason, but yes that was shocking for their winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.