Brian Horton

Please don’t be fooled in thinking it’s an old man’s disease, it isn’t I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 52 . Unknowingly lived with it for at least a year , please get yourselves checked it doesn’t discriminate, the treatments now for prostate cancer are now very well advanced thankfully.
Good luck Brian and thank you for raising awareness. Please take his and my advice
Get checked lads .

Up the blues.

Please don’t be fooled in thinking it’s an old man’s disease, it isn’t I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 52 . Unknowingly lived with it for at least a year , please get yourselves checked it doesn’t discriminate, the treatments now for prostate cancer are now very well advanced thankfully.
Good luck Brian and thank you for raising awareness. Please take his and my advice
Get checked lads .

Up the blues.
Hope you and Brian are both on the mend and get this beaten.

This sums it up nicely.
The earlier it’s detected the better the chance of finding a cure. I was lucky as i got a urine infection for which initially the GP prescribed antibiotics. Fortuntely he had second thoughts and rang me at home the following evening to suggest i had a prostrate check. It was detacted in time and radiotherapy prescibed, which successfully killed off the cancer. The medics seem confident it will not return and i am happy to believe them. There are few symptoms the only way to find out is to get checked. If you leave it it could be too late. Bear in mind it spreads incredibly quickly.

As I'm sure many others did during this period, you could go down and watch the training sessions at Platt Lane. Park your car next to the players' (Anyone remember Keith Curle's 8 series BMW? ). Walk in. Stand next to the touchline and watch attack v defence which Brian used to do. Different times! I remember him encouraging the players endlessly. You could even talk to them afterwards. Just Google the squad from that time . And obviously, the 5-2 v Spurs with the bloke waiving the chicken! He was a row behind me in the Platt Lane lol. Bizarre days but happy ones. Get well soon, Brian.

Warms my heart hearing his voice. It was when I first fell in love with City. I'd had an eye on them during Peter Reids rein but it was under B Horton I remember actively taking time out to watch City

Good Times...not as good as now but it was different back then.

Such a lovely humble man, one of my favourite City managers who I thought should have been given more time but that's another story.

His never say die attitude as a player will hopefully serve him just as well tackling this illness.

Wish him all the very best, a genuinely likeable man, and as said, some of the football we played under him was fantastic, I think it’s fair to say he relit my fire when it came to football and City back then, still remember listening to our games on the radio, ‘The big German’, The big Irishman’, ‘ The little Genius’, ‘The Magician’, wonderful and entertaining times for me.

Hope all goes well Brian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.