Brian Horton

Another fella who had no connection with the club or the area before he came to us, and yet has apparently developed a fondness for the club (witness Horlock, Goater, Morrison, Dickov, Kompany, Zabba, Spanish Dave etc etc). Brian always came across as a decent bloke. And I'd imagine managing us in that particular era was a challenge. And we played some decent stuff under him. The 5-2 against Spurs is the obvious stand out memory, but wasn't the 3-2 at Ewood Park in his time? Lots of mixed feelings about that result at the time, IIRC!

Here's hoping he's beaten that fucker of a disease.

Met Brian many times. Genuinely nice bloke. The football we played under him was some of the best we saw, real attacking football and playing to win. I think it's fair to say he really won the fans over at a time when the club was at a low ebb. Best of luck Brian, we're all right behind you.

Another fella who seemingly had no connection with the club or the area before he came to us, and yet has apparently developed a fondness for the club (witness Horlock, Goater, Morrison, Dickov, Kompany, Zabba, Spanish Dave etc etc). Brian always came across as a decent bloke. And I'd imagine managing us in that particular era was a challenge. And we played some decent stuff under him. The 5-2 against Spurs is the obvious stand out memory, but wasn't the 3-2 at Ewood Park in his time? Lots of mixed feelings about that result at the time, IIRC!

Here's hoping he's beaten that fucker of a disease.
Yes the Blackburn 3-2 and Gaudihno Liverpool 2-1 win over Easter were under Brian.

Good luck with the health Brian

Brian Who turned out to be arguably our most instantly likeable manager. We Played our football like his personality with openness and integrity. Ian Brightwell spoke very highly of him at our recent supporters club meeting. Get well soon Brian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.