Brian Kidd - I'd love to hear his thoughts on proceedings

baildon blue said:
Leeds United hated Brian Kidd . I know he used to play for us . But he does have a dark side to him in being coach and player at Man United . I like Brian Kidd but I would love to ask him who do you like the most City or Man United ?

My Dad's roughly the same age as Kiddo and he said, when he was young, people went to watch both teams and that you didn't have all the falling out like there is now. This is pretty much what Kiddo has said before, so I can believe that one. However, when I was growing up, back in the 70's and 80's, my dad chose to take me to Maine Road and since then, me dad's remained a Blue. I reckon the joy on kiddo's face, when we won the league, said it all :)

hallstreetblue said:
baildon blue said:
Leeds United hated Brian Kidd . I know he used to play for us . But he does have a dark side to him in being coach and player at Man United . I like Brian Kidd but I would love to ask him who do you like the most City or Man United ?

My Dad's roughly the same age as Kiddo and he said, when he was young, people went to watch both teams and that you didn't have all the falling out like there is now. This is pretty much what Kiddo has said before, so I can believe that one. However, when I was growing up, back in the 70's and 80's, my dad chose to take me to Maine Road and since then, me dad's remained a Blue. I reckon the joy on kiddo's face, when we won the league, said it all :)
Yeah but when United won the title for the 1st time in 26 years , he was jumping around like a fan on the pitch . Why did Brian Kidd turn us down to become are manager in 1996 ?

My family know Brian and his family well. A top bloke who like you've all said is so down to earth. He's got time for everybody. I remember my old man chatting to him when he was number two at united and he was really concerned about what was going on at Maine Road under Ball. It was Easter I think and they'd just beat us in the derby, my first year as a season ticket holder. I'll never forget him saying to my dad that he was desperately hoping we'd stay up. He was really genuine. Unfortunately we all know what happened next.
I must add that I don't think he has much input with the team other than being a good cop type figure for the players. It's great to have a manc involved though. Long may it continue. I'd like to see him speak more too.

Im sure he has fond memories of his time at the shithole but i dont think his allegience lies with them anymore.

In the title winning year it was him who faced the press and said it wasnt over, apparently mancini thought he was mental. Kiddo wanted it badly!

A Kiddo autobiography would be an absolute must read for any blue. I would even struggle through a chapter on the rag years to get to his take on the last 5 years....ADUG, Hughes, Mancini, Pellegrini, fuck me that would be some read.

(I reckon it would put to bed 90% of the arguments we have on here about past and present bosses too ;)

Gabriel said:
A proper football man who clearly enjoys the attacking football on show. It's a far cry from the fag end of last season, when he cut a forlorn figure on the bench, so long may he wear that smile.

I got the impression last season that he was pissed off with Platt having too much influence on Mancini match tactics.

baildon blue said:
hallstreetblue said:
baildon blue said:

Yeah but when United won the title for the 1st time in 26 years , he was jumping around like a fan on the pitch . Why did Brian Kidd turn us down to become are manager in 1996 ?

Same reason as all the others did: Because franny lee was chairman.

There's an interview somewhere about that very issue. Lee hadn't heard back from Kidd following his verbal acceptance for the job. Lee rang him To ask what's happening and Kidd said he was worried about how ferguson would take the news. Lee said to him "well are you sure you are the right man for the job then?"

That's a ridiculous way to handle a sensitive situation like that. Not surprised he turned it down. The job was a poisoned chalice

BlueMo' said:
I've got a lot of respect for Brian Kidd and his people.
Ancoats/Collyhurst born and bred. No la dee daa.
One of North Manchesters finest, i'm glad he's still around.
Not too far from where he grew up.
In the same mould as Tommy Booth

Didsbury Dave said:
As an aside, I remember when Kidd stayed on last summer, platt was also offered a role in the club, which he declined.

I strongly suspect he's regretting it now. Has he got another job?

I would imagine he isn't, he won't need the money and he's big mates with Mancini isn't he?

Would love Kiddo to do a book, I suspect he's not got a lot of direct input into the team but what a position he's been in for the last few years and what a career he had, it would be a unique insight.

One that will never happen but would be even better is Bernard Halford, he must have a few thousand pages of stories to tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.