Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

Who is shedding a tear?

You've also missed the context of the original discussion. Some morons, don't just support capital punishment, they support it for minors.

Fortunately it remains a niche opinion.
I’ve not missed anything! You call them morons but they’re just people with different opinions to those that totally oppose capital punishment for anyone. It gets debated and a degree of empirical thinking is debated by the Judiciary and Government and we arrive at a position where we are now, it’s abolished. However as a free society people have the right to question if it’s appropriate in the current society with the increase in violent offending.

Btw, I’ve always advocated giving people, especially younger ones a second chance in all walks of life, however like I said I’m conflated on the age capital punishment would be allowed if it was brought back.

My late Mum and I had debates on the subject, she was vehemently opposed to it and said on the day executions were going ahead she was unable to think of anything else, different era and some people were wrongly convicted.

Me too. They did it, they’re bang to rights, there was no motive.
There are degrees of murder - sometimes it’s almost defensible but this case isn’t one of those.
These two are no better than any twat who abducts and kills children without reason or motive. Just get rid of all these types and do the world a favour and give the victims proper justice.
Ask yourself how you’d feel if someone lured your daughter to a park and then stabbed her multiple times until she was dead.
No you,re alright.

Who is shedding a tear?

You've also missed the context of the original discussion. Some morons, don't just support capital punishment, they support it for minors.

Fortunately it remains a niche opinion.
We've done this to death on here. As you said they crave the death penalty for kids who commited abhorrent murders, But don't want it for their kids if they did the same. It's called.being fuckin hypocrites.

50 years ago 26 year olds had much more respect and maturity imo
They still couldn’t vote, nor get married without parental consent.

Can’t drive nor buy alcohol.

Legally, they’re minors. Some 16 year olds are more mature than others. These two were defined as less mature than their peers by the judge in sentencing.

26 year olds will always have more maturity than 16 year olds though… ;-)

Last edited:
I don't think there's many advocating the execution of minors, though if it was my daughter been stabbed to death I would be more than miffed or if you've ever read "I let him go" I don't have a weak stomach but i couldn't finish reading It and threw it away in all honesty how that pair are still on this earth I've no idea.

There have been some yes.

That's an emotional argument, not one that creates a functioning justice system. Anyone who suffered having a family killed would also have emotions and desires about getting revenge, either carrying it out themselves or seeing it done by the state.

It's very unlikely that it would heal their deep and eternal pain though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.