Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

I read an article at the time from a veteran crime journalist who sat through the whole trial.

He said he doubts he’ll ever have a peaceful nights sleep again and would never burden another person with the details of what he heard in that court room.

That said, I still wouldn’t be in favour of the state execution of child criminals. Or any other criminals come to that.
I certainly wouldn't be in favour of execution of minors but I'm afraid those two should never ever have seen the outside world again.

Both should have spent the rest of their lives incarcerated, Lets hope Thompson stays reformed.

You're entitled to hold that view and as it's an opinion you can't be wrong.

But it's equally valid to hold the opinion that's important to give child offenders the chance of rehabilitation. It's important symbolism.

If you can't reform children who can be reformed?

You're entitled to hold that view and as it's an opinion you can't be wrong.

But it's equally valid to hold the opinion that's important to give child offenders the chance of rehabilitation. It's important symbolism.

If you can't reform children who can be reformed?
I suppose if you can reform pure evil even in children then anything’s possible, spare a thought for a two year old child who suffered at the hands of these two who never got the chance of a life :-(

I read an article at the time from a veteran crime journalist who sat through the whole trial.

He said he doubts he’ll ever have a peaceful nights sleep again and would never burden another person with the details of what he heard in that court room.

That said, I still wouldn’t be in favour of the state execution of child criminals. Or any other criminals come to that.
Some people are just born evil.
Doesn't matter how old they are.
Those two bastards who did the evil things they did to that poor child are pure evil and should never see the light of day ever again.
They will offend again and again

Last edited:
20 years, probably out in 10 with new identities.

What a sick joke our legal system is.

These monsters should rot for the rest of their pointless lives.

Not remote; impossible. Public opinion would be overwhelmingly against it.

Would it? I didn’t think the UK would actually vote for Brexit.

I don’t think any government would give the public the chance to vote on the matter.

I am completely opposed to the idea of capital punishment because I consider one human executing another to be wrong.

The cost of keeping the horrible pair in this case in jail for life does admittedly seem like an awful lot to spend on maintaining a principle for people who may be beyond redemption. The girl in particular will surely never be safe to be released back into society.

20 years, probably out in 10 with new identities.

What a sick joke our legal system is.

These monsters should rot for the rest of their pointless lives.
They have minimum tariffs of 22 and 20 years so they can’t be out in 10. Doubt they’ll be out after their minimum time has been served judging by what I’ve read about them, but 20+ years is a long time and who knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.