Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

Without prompt, someone sent me a screenshot of their names and photos on Facebook Messenger. I deleted it immediately.

Aside from Eddie’s surname spelt incorrectly, it was them.
I received names and pictures from a colleague in Holland in Nov last year

Don't think we needed to know their names. As others have said, I'm not really sure what good it does - except for people who might be tangentially connected by a couple of degrees of separation and want to know that it's not a family member who's committed the crime. I've got friends who were kids in Liverpool around the time of the James Bulger murder and there were dozens of families who were worried that the kids who turned out to be Venables and Thompson could have been another pair of kids who hadn't been seen in school for a while. That sort of thing. But apart from that, I think this fuels all sorts of the worst aspects of society. The potential for these two being seen as martyrs by sicko transphobes who fancy a copycat killing at some point in the future, plus the potential for their families to be targeted for "giving birth to murderers" (or what have you), as if any normal person can spot the signs. I'm generally with Noam Chomsky on this - deny them the notoriety, deny them the oxygen of press attention and hero worship from other cunts out there. These two are clearly very disturbed individuals who should have just stayed as "individuals" to the wider public. For what it's worth, if you'd gone on any Facebook pages connected to Warrington or Culceth within the last 10 months you'd know who the killers were anyway because word travels and that's that, but I can't really find a logical reason for this. It's all very emotive, which is fair enough, but the law exists to take emotion out of such cases.
Excellent.

A heinous case. The world is a wicked place at times.

I get there will be anger at whole life tariffs being reserved but cases involving killers who are still legally minors are delicate. It's not the fault of the judge or the prosecution team; there are thresholds and criteria within the law that they have to consider when sentencing. Both killers will be released by the time they are forty, so you have to hope the system will have rehabilitated them by that point. That's no consolation for the poor girl's family, I know; but let's pray they find the strength to get through day by day.
Over the years, I wonder how often that has been said

Don't think we needed to know their names. As others have said, I'm not really sure what good it does - except for people who might be tangentially connected by a couple of degrees of separation and want to know that it's not a family member who's committed the crime. I've got friends who were kids in Liverpool around the time of the James Bulger murder and there were dozens of families who were worried that the kids who turned out to be Venables and Thompson could have been another pair of kids who hadn't been seen in school for a while. That sort of thing. But apart from that, I think this fuels all sorts of the worst aspects of society. The potential for these two being seen as martyrs by sicko transphobes who fancy a copycat killing at some point in the future, plus the potential for their families to be targeted for "giving birth to murderers" (or what have you), as if any normal person can spot the signs. I'm generally with Noam Chomsky on this - deny them the notoriety, deny them the oxygen of press attention and hero worship from other cunts out there. These two are clearly very disturbed individuals who should have just stayed as "individuals" to the wider public. For what it's worth, if you'd gone on any Facebook pages connected to Warrington or Culceth within the last 10 months you'd know who the killers were anyway because word travels and that's that, but I can't really find a logical reason for this. It's all very emotive, which is fair enough, but the law exists to take emotion out of such cases.
Pretty much my take as well.

Along with the alkaline attack it feels like releasing this is more for news clicks and stoking up trouble.

A heinous case. The world is a wicked place at times.

I get there will be anger at whole life tariffs being reserved but cases involving killers who are still legally minors are delicate. It's not the fault of the judge or the prosecution team; there are thresholds and criteria within the law that they have to consider when sentencing. Both killers will be released by the time they are forty, so you have to hope the system will have rehabilitated them by that point. That's no consolation for the poor girl's family, I know; but let's pray they find the strength to get through day by day.
At a cost of £300,000 per year apparently. £6m to potentially rehabilitate someone seems like an extreme waste of money to me.

Just to add a few bits:

1. ⁠The guideline would be 20 years due to their ages. The judge added on 10% for her due to her increased role in the planning and her ongoing lack of remorse, including creating a new ‘kill list’ for staff where she is being held.

2. ⁠The sentence is a minimum, they will not be released until they are deemed to no longer be a threat to society. In her case, the judge even said there is significant doubt she will ever be ‘safe’ for release. They will need to prove their remorse and rehabilitation before being released, and whilst they’re still ultimately young people with the ability to change, she will need to take full responsibility for her actions as will he.

3. ⁠They will be on licence for life if ever released. A further arrest could easily see them sent straight back to prison. Even without, if they ever want to go on holiday they need to get permission, if they want to even move within the UK they need to get permission. They will need to check in with police at regular intervals for the rest of their lives. The amount of time they spend in prison might ultimately never be ‘enough’ but equally they will never be ‘free’.

Just to add a few bits:

1. ⁠The guideline would be 20 years due to their ages. The judge added on 10% for her due to her increased role in the planning and her ongoing lack of remorse, including creating a new ‘kill list’ for staff where she is being held.

2. ⁠The sentence is a minimum, they will not be released until they are deemed to no longer be a threat to society. In her case, the judge even said there is significant doubt she will ever be ‘safe’ for release. They will need to prove their remorse and rehabilitation before being released, and whilst they’re still ultimately young people with the ability to change, she will need to take full responsibility for her actions as will he.

3. ⁠They will be on licence for life if ever released. A further arrest could easily see them sent straight back to prison. Even without, if they ever want to go on holiday they need to get permission, if they want to even move within the UK they need to get permission. They will need to check in with police at regular intervals for the rest of their lives. The amount of time they spend in prison might ultimately never be ‘enough’ but equally they will never be ‘free’.
Then terminate the evil fuckers. Save the taxpayer hundreds of throusands

Pretty much my take as well.

Along with the alkaline attack it feels like releasing this is more for news clicks and stoking up trouble.
With the alkaline attack he’s on the run and the police need help catching him. It’s completely different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.