Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Did you get your maths GCE?

The 4 minutes was displayed prior to the stoppage for the injury which took another 4 minutes to resolve. So now we have 8 minutes to add (4 + 4), the game restarted at 94 minutes on the clock.

Simple maths 94 + 8 = 102, the big lump blew before the clock hit 100.

P.S. As pointed out, what about the sending off. Should have added time for that as well.

Working out this added on time scenario is far more confusing than it should actually be.

“4 minutes was displayed prior to the stoppage” - this means the game should end on 94 mins.

“An injury took 4 minutes to resolve” - this means the match restarts on the 94th minute.

There are still 4 minutes left to play which means the game should finish on 98 minutes.

You’re correct in the sense that if 4 mins have been added on and an injury delays the game by 4 minutes, that 8 minutes need adding. However, you’ve got confused on the restart of play.

The 8 minutes are added from the 90 minute mark, not the 94th minute.

No, the 4 added minutes never started so when March was carried off at 94 mins the time left was the added 4 mins plus a minute or so for the subs made. The ref got little right today but the timing was bang on IMO.
He definitely should have played longer, I'm glad he didn't though.

You've dug the hole, now can we bury this nonsense?

Four minutes were indicated to be added. That was shown on 90 minutes so may have included the one minute March had already been injured.

You don't add "added time" twice (to normal time and to added time) when added time hasn't actually started. He could have been 10 minutes getting treated after 90 mins were up and there wouid still only be 4 minutes to be played after the restart.

Can we have a "doh" please?

Or is this the best Clarkie for a long time?
You're wrong mate, he definitely blew too early

I didn’t like the booing of Milner. He’s an ex player and was a very good one at that a winner.
He’s an ex player who’s become something of a ****. When he went to the dippers he was pretty derogatory about City, telling everyone he was now at a history club, he also ran his contract down so we didn’t get a fee, and more importantly he regularly goes out to hurt our players. Once a Blue, but now he’s a ****

Why are people getting 8 mins added from 4 displayed?

March went down at 89. 4 mins displayed included the first minute of delay so when the match restarted at 94 there were still the 4 displayed minutes to play. Ending at 99 with the red and sub was correct and fair
But he didn’t add on the additional time for the red card

Don’t get me wrong I’m glad he didn’t cos if there was much more time they’d have scored agsin

I didn’t like the booing of Milner. He’s an ex player and was a very good one at that a winner.

It's been explained many times on here why he's given stick. He's the only ex player I know of that gets booed and rightly so. Sterling gets a small smattering but not a lot. If you leave our club then disrespect it in interviews and your actions you're not getting a friendly reception on your return. He gets off lightly in my opinion the gormless ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.