Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I didn’t like the booing of Milner. He’s an ex player and was a very good one at that a winner.
Never heard a single justifiable reason why people boo Milner. Most of the reasons given are made up!

He was a good servant to our club in his five years with us. A number of MOTM performances over those years, some brilliant goals and assists, and was part of squads that won five trophies.

I’ve never booed him.

Mark it down with the booing of Distin, Dickov and Sturridge n’all for things we’ve looked stupid doing.

Imagine we were over 90 minutes and already in 4 mins added time. The injury happens on 91 minutes with 3 minutes left. Play is stopped for 4 minutes. You restart on 95 minutes. There's still only 3 minutes left. The match ends at 98. You've had the original 4 minutes AND the 4 minutes for the injury.

If there are 10 seconds left and a player is injured for 10 minutes, how long should the referee add when play restarts? 10 minutes or 10 seconds?
Apologies for being pedantic, but the referee shouldn't technically add anything on when play restarts, just play the remaining 10 seconds. That aside, I'll agree.

Only really new him at bin dippers. What did he say about City.
A lot of comments about how he was NOW at a proper history club, and also about how much better their support was. Talking of supporters it was nice to see yours all applauding for Frannie Lee yesterday; I was at the Amex last season and to be fair I don’t think there’s a more pleasant away ground in terms of fan demeanour etc. Was sorry to see March go off yesterday, looked a bad one?

Three points in the bag and top of the league.

The ESPNLA argies were waxing lyrical about the clash of two best high pressing teams, being the blues on top by a kilometre and a nautical mile, and one of the best first halves they've ever commented.

Rodri and Stonesy back, Julian always ubiquitous, Doku's pace, Phil's quality, what's not to enjoy.
Should've scored one more, though. And Ortega proved that Ederson's is not an easy job as it seems.

Credit to the seagulls, they are a very good side; but this time they had the corrupt officiating of another PiGmol bent **** to level things up. But, as Pep once said, you've got to take the officiating out of the equation.

Up the beautiful motherfucking Blues!
Game should have been on tv.

Stones was everywhere and this is somethig I can say about other players too. Total footbal rules!

Only really new him at bin dippers. What did he say about City.
Nothing really.

All he said was that no matter how well he played at City, even winning Player of the Month a few times, he was left out of the team a lot afterwards and it was a default thing to not play him in the biggest games and finals. Whereas at Liverpool he felt more rewarded with runs in the team after playing well.

He even said that no matter how disappointed he was about it, he was never a negative influence at training and never sulked about it because the team comes first, not individuals.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. Fair play to him for coming out and saying it, I say. It explains why he left.

Our fanbase didn’t even boo him after he said that. He actually got a really good reception in his first game back at the Etihad. They only started booing him a year later when we didn’t like Liverpool fans booing Sterling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else notice the scrotes throwing full bottles of water down off the white Nexen bridge after the game? One went right past my sons head and would have caused some real harm if it had hit his head the speed it was thrown at. My other son said they looked like they were thrown from people in City tracksuits, like they were academy players or ball boys? Little cunts whoever they were

Nothing really.

All he said was that no matter how well he played at City, even winning Player of the Month a few times, he was left out of the team a lot afterwards and it was a default thing to not play him in the biggest games and finals. Whereas at Liverpool he felt more rewarded with runs in the team after playing well.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Our fanbase didn’t even boo him after he said that. They only started booing him a year later when we didn’t like Liverpool fans booing Sterling.
Right on the nail

Last edited:
Did you get your maths GCE?

The 4 minutes was displayed prior to the stoppage for the injury which took another 4 minutes to resolve. So now we have 8 minutes to add (4 + 4), the game restarted at 94 minutes on the clock.

Simple maths 94 + 8 = 102, the big lump blew before the clock hit 100.

P.S. As pointed out, what about the sending off. Should have added time for that as well.
No the 4 minutes was put up DURING the injury so there was 4 minutes to add on from the point at which the injury finished and the game resumed

Last edited:
Apologies for being pedantic, but the referee shouldn't technically add anything on when play restarts, just play the remaining 10 seconds. That aside, I'll agree.
Can’t really see the pedantry here. The referee is in charge of playing the amount of added on time.

At 89 minutes, he had decided it was to be 4 minutes.

March got injured at the same time and was stretchered off. That took us to 94 mins on the stadium clock.

The 4 minutes had not been played, so that took us to 98 minutes being the allotted time.

During those 4 minutes, there was a a sending off with an extended slow walk off from Akanji and a sub bringing Ake on.

That took us to 99.5 minutes, which is just over what we actually played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.