Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

He ruined his reputation when he moved to dippers by not keeping his big gob shut. His comparison of us with the dippers after he left was unforgivable

I'm sure when we bought Millner Liverpool were in for him as well. It seemed nailed on he was going to choose them but ended up signing for us. We weren't as successful back then so could Millner have come to us for more money? If so it turns out he's been a double mercenary/greedy **** and played both clubs in his time

Reactions: CC1
He ruined his reputation when he moved to dippers by not keeping his big gob shut. His comparison of us with the dippers after he left was unforgivable
Milner didn't like losing in our penalty shootout league cup win. He was due to take their last penalty and was hoping to win it for them.
When he later scored a goal for Liverpool, he did an impression of Yaya's goal celebration, it turned a lot of City fans firmly against him. Seemed unnecessarily antagonistic and disrespectful.

Last edited:
Milner didn't like losing in our penalty shootout league cup win. He was due to take their last penalty and was hoping to win it for them.
When he did later did an impression of Yaya's goal celebration when he scored a goal for Liverpool, it turned a lot of City fans firmly against him. Seemed unnecessarily antagonistic and disrespectful
When he did later did an impression of Yaya's goal celebration when he scored a goal for Liverpool, it turned a lot of City fans firmly against him. Seemed unnecessarily antagonistic and disrespectful.
yup
He is a kid still, settling into a new country !
I thought he was twisting and turning Milner all afternoon. He just needs that final delivery ball or finishing to take the next step. I really like the look of Doku. Can’t believe people are getting on him

Never heard a single justifiable reason why people boo Milner. Most of the reasons given are made up!

He was a good servant to our club in his five years with us. A number of MOTM performances over those years, some brilliant goals and assists, and was part of squads that won five trophies.

I’ve never booed him.

Mark it down with the booing of Distin, Dickov and Sturridge n’all for things we’ve looked stupid doing.
Milner was never a regular starter for ourselves or the Dippers , he was a squad player , he is the archetypal "water carrier" he will fill in several postions but is master of none of them , how a player with such limited ability achieved so much is quite astonishing , and he deserves to be congrtulated for that feat , and if you got medals for honest endeavour he would have a draw full.
He burnt his bridges with our fans after his comparisons with our club and the Dippers , he was fully indocturated into the cult when his excuse for leaving our club was so he could play in midfield , and he never did at Klanfield
He is now stealing a living at Brighton for his last pay day , boring James Milner sums him up , an instantly forgettable footballer.
As for the booing , generally our club is exemplary and very few of our ex-players are booed , but it isnt stupid when a player disrespects our club , they get both barrels from me.

All Milner had to say was - "It's been great at City. Thanks for the offer of a new contract but I want to play more. " Then keep quiet about City at his next club.
He didn't do either. He decided to burn bridges and upset fans.
His choice.

City are still badly misfiring all over the park. The fact that we can't score from midfield shots outside the box - is a big concern for repeating the title again.
Last season we had 3 options. This season one and Brighton closed Rodri down quickly all game. Kev will be back but neither Kovacic or Nunes do anything on the shot front.

Last edited:
I enjoyed another 3pm game, it finally pays off to have a season ticket and live million miles away.
Regarding the game, Phil was excellent, just excellent, hopefully with 3% more body strength he can go on runs like Kev in his prime, plus he was pinging passes everywhere.
John was again impressive and the role Pep is giving him is becoming stranger and stranger.
Josko and Jeremy are already part of the first eleven.
Only negative things, another game where we considerably dropped in the second half. It almost feels we are priming ourselves for February. And Jack is nowhere, I mean really nowhere close to be in the first 11.
It's still a bit puzzling how Pep delays bringing on some subs. Doku was great first half, hung in to about the 60th and then was shot. Alvarez at 2 nil needed to be taken off at about the 70th for either Nunes or Kovacic.

Also, with everyone healthy and available Akanji is no longer the best choice in a first 11. As good as he's been since he arrived, he is behind both Stones and Dias as a CD...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.