Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

That was a good job done in my opinion, the first twenty minutes suggested a drubbing, but this was Brighton, and they are potential top four candidates. So I ended up thinking the ref could have helped us by being even-handed, but you only have to watch the Match of the Day analysis to realise that City deserved the 21st home win in a row, a Premier League record. So sick of reading moaners on here, these are the best years to be a City fan, and I was around when Lee, Bell, Summerbee and the unsung heroes were around. I was also around when we got relegated to the third tier. Please enjoy the fact that we are up there with the very best, it might carry on, or it might not last, just revel in the moments of glory!

Watched at my friends in Mauritius, he likes a drink and can hold it well, me not so. We looked decent in the first half, couldn’t tell you about the second as could see three pitches. Mate said we massively dropped off and were lucky to escape with a win but the ref was a right prick. Accurate?

City are still badly misfiring all over the park. The fact that we can't score from midfield shots outside the box - is a big concern for repeating the title again.
Last season we had 3 options. This season one and Brighton closed Rodri down quickly all game. Kev will be back but neither Kovacic or Nunes do anything on the shot front.
Certainly Kovavic and Nunes had no shots yesterday.

It's still a bit puzzling how Pep delays bringing on some subs. Doku was great first half, hung in to about the 60th and then was shot. Alvarez at 2 nil needed to be taken off at about the 70th for either Nunes or Kovacic.

Also, with everyone healthy and available Akanji is no longer the best choice in a first 11. As good as he's been since he arrived, he is behind both Stones and Dias as a CD...
Puzzles me too - it's Peps only failure - he waits too long. He can clearly see the problem as he starts to pace but doesn't try and fix it, even when it's clearly broken. Only when we concede does he do somthing.
Edit: sometimes a shout to reposition players works, but I don't think he did that yesterday.

Last edited:
Ferguson form is a strange one. He gasnt been right since his first injury this season, got over that back in side a couple of games in which his was off the pace, back out injured now back but not at his best.
Probably not that strange after all..
Easy to forget how difficult it is to regain top form after just one injury never mind two.
Very very few players can step back into top form straight away.
I struggle to think of any player who did.

Puzzles me too - it's Peps only failure - he waits too long. He can clearly see the problem as he starts to pace but doesn't try and fix it, even when it's clearly broken. Only when we concede does he do somthing
I often wonder if it has something to do with what he has planned for the next game? The game had become stretched and we were sitting on a 2 nil. I would think Grelish, Nunes and/or Kovacic would have been better options to see the game out than Doku or Alvarez...

Watched at my friends in Mauritius, he likes a drink and can hold it well, me not so. We looked decent in the first half, couldn’t tell you about the second as could see three pitches. Mate said we massively dropped off and were lucky to escape with a win but the ref was a right prick. Accurate?
Yep.

I often wonder if it has something to do with what he has planned for the next game? The game had become stretched and we were sitting on a 2 nil. I would think Grelish, Nunes and/or Kovacic would have been better options to see the game out than Doku or Alvarez...
I think there is a grain of truth in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.