Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Probably worth mentioning that Gundogan is yet to score in 9 games for Barcelona, so it might just be that Pep was able to get something more out of him in this system, which perhaps he may be able to do with Nunes, Kovacic and Rodri given the time.

I've mentioned previously, that Gundogan scored 8 league goals for us last season, of which 5 came in 2 games against Everton and Leeds.
It might have "only" been 8 goals, but that opener at Goodison was absolutely crucial last season, as was the Mahrez winner at Stamford Bridge.

Not particularly bothered about what Gundogan's done at Barcelona, but City need more goalscoring options

A good and crucial win. Brighton are becoming more and more harder for us to beat.

3pts is 3pts. We now got to keep our consistency going and don't make stupid mistakes like getting players sent off for silly things which probably did cost us 3 defeats.

Young Boys on Wednesday and then the big Derby game. Hopefully we will score more than 6 this time (A joke but I'll settle for 1-0 win)

It might have "only" been 8 goals, but that opener at Goodison was absolutely crucial last season, as was the Mahrez winner at Stamford Bridge.

Not particularly bothered about what Gundogan's done at Barcelona, but City need more goalscoring options
And we will have important goals scored by other players this season, as that's what top players do.

I agree I'm not fussed about what Gundogan does at Barcelona, in the same way I'm not bothered what Nunes or Kovacic have done at Wolves or Chelsea.

It's Pep that develops them into the players that they are, and who gets things out of players that other managers dont/can't.

Puzzles me too - it's Peps only failure - he waits too long. He can clearly see the problem as he starts to pace but doesn't try and fix it, even when it's clearly broken. Only when we concede does he do somthing.
Edit: sometimes a shout to reposition players works, but I don't think he did that yesterday.
The two subs were waiting on the touchline to come on as they scored. So he 'nearly' timed it perfectly. After a nervy 2 or 3 mins after conceding by us, Brighton hardly got a kick in the last 15 minutes. We were never really in danger, even with 10 men. Pep managed it brilliantly yesterday

The lack of goals from other areas is a bit of a concern I agree.
Look through the top 30 goalscorers this season, Liverpool, Arsenal and ourselves all have 2 players each.

Our 2 players (Haaland and Alvarez) have scored 13, Liverpools 10 and Arsenal's 7.

Rodri our next in line with 2 goals and then Foden and Doku with 1.

Think once Kev is back fit, we'll see the flood gates open a little bit more, assuming he stays fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.