Brighton (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

The two subs were waiting on the touchline to come on as they scored. So he 'nearly' timed it perfectly. After a nervy 2 or 3 mins after conceding by us, Brighton hardly got a kick in the last 15 minutes. We were never really in danger, even with 10 men. Pep managed it brilliantly yesterday
Almost. If we'd have gotten the subs on just a bit earlier, as it was coming, it would have been perfect. I agree the subs helped put the game to bed, but with less margin for error. If the changes were made at say the 70th I'm convinced we keep a clean sheet. At the end of the day we got the job done and bagged the three points. I'm not taking a knock at Pep. I'm saying he has a peculiar tendency to delay subbing guys out and just weighing in on a possible reason...

The two subs were waiting on the touchline to come on as they scored. So he 'nearly' timed it perfectly. After a nervy 2 or 3 mins after conceding by us, Brighton hardly got a kick in the last 15 minutes. We were never really in danger, even with 10 men. Pep managed it brilliantly yesterday
Not in danger - I don't think so.

Not often we not top scorers after 9 games. Villa and Newcastle got more than us. An interesting season to say the least.

Brighton looked much better when they brought on Gilmore and Fati. It also seemed to spark Matumo into life who’d been a passenger up until then. Mistake by their second coming of Christ coach not to start with that team
RDZis trying a balancing act with the players he has. With the Europa games comming up he needs to rest some. Our squad is still lacks Quality in all posistions including injuries. Our new players are a bit raw at the moment, not helped by Enciso injury.

What would you consider his main attributes are outside goal scoring? I will have to watch the match again but I neither felt like he was creating space nor acting as a focal point.

If he gets the goals it’s fair enough but you can lose a bit in your team when the goals dry up.

What would you consider his main attributes are outside goal scoring? I will have to watch the match again but I neither felt like he was creating space nor acting as a focal point.

If he gets the goals it’s fair enough but you can lose a bit in your team when the goals dry up.
He is a bit like a younger version of Harry Kane.

WTF was that.. no red for stepping on DOKU but a red for Akanji?? And a yellow for Rodri for giving the ball back???

FUCK OFF REFS!

Not convincing but 3 points none the less.

Rodri back was a sight for sore eyes!

BTW to everyone surprise.. Haaland made a goal for himself!!

He's not the problem at all.. but our non creative midfield is.. we seriously need to create more from our midfield.
Great points made. It's early days but maybe Nunes (from what we currently have) could be that creative spark once he has settled in. Ultimately we need Kevin fit and get that creative player in during January. Particularly with Kevin possibly injury prone (I hope not) I still think those 3 defeats were not as bad as some have said. Rather than Rodri's absence, I really think it was bad luck. Though not at our best, no way did Wolves and Arsenal deserve to beat us.

That's one of the most underrated goals of all time. The move began on the edge of our own box and the technique to finish the way Bernardo did... Unreal!

i would say as far as move and finish was concerned, my favourite goal for quite a few years. Had rooney or bergkamp put that in we would still be seeing it on tv.

The first hale we where brilliant in attack....as for the game, thanks ref for spoiling another game, i am sick and fed up of stood watching the ball out of play, players stood around for various reasons.

the yellow for rodri, come on we know the book says this and that but common sense here. It was a split second between whistle blown and the ball accidently went in the net.

then the red card ! All the game brighton went in to our players and got nothing for it, but the ref gives akandri that second yellow.

the free kick at the end with fodens tackle !

the doku tackle that was a yellow all day long, ref played advantage then forgot to give their player the yellow !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.