Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Whilst Kevin played very well, the score was 0-0. Enter our leader and the game turns around. Welcome back Father we have missed you. He came straight on and was directing play straight away. So important for this side both in bringing the ball out and his leadership.

HIs authority is manifest. As soon as he comes on, it's just like a sort of aura he has. In that respect, he reminds me of peak Vin. He'll never have the command of English that Vin had (Vin was more articulate than many native speakers of English) and that, as far as I can see, is his only disadvantage.

I thought Brighton played well 1st half, closing down spaces and any balls to our attacking players. They sat on both Rodri & Gundo. I also felt Gundo was not great the 1st half. Turning into trouble and his passing wasn't at its usual best. We had a couple of decent chances first half still and as I do feel we are still not clinical enough in a tight game.

But 2nd half we were far better with KDB, Foden & Bernie really driving the team on. It's 3 points and we take them. Hopefully Ake, Stones & Cancelo are ok.

I was impressed with their right back, Lamptey - decent little player

Because they think that just because they’re nervous that means the players are.

When in reality Brighton were very good last night and it just took a while for us to unlock the door.
People also forget a game is 90 minutes long. The more a team works, the easier the game becomes for City as they tire. We'd all love to be 3-0 up after 20 minutes, but the reality is teams like Brighton are organised and hard to break down and we see it week after week at the Etihad. Its also why we are so good late in games as teams have run themselves into the ground and once they tire, their concentration dips and we create and score.

What happened thereat the end? Was hard to see from where Im sat

Not to sure what happened to be honest but he was acting the hard man all game. The pushing a shoving in our box when setting for a free kick and he decided to perform a wrestling move on Diaz when the kick was taken. And there was something with Kev at one point.

Big relief to get through that one after the first half we were much improved 2nd half there. The old cliché one game onto Watford let's get behind the boys and get them three points on the board cmon City!!!

It was only a matter of time before we wore them down. Brighton were well drilled in shutting off the passing channels.

Thought Dean reffed the game really well, probably the best performance by a ref this season.

It was only a matter of time before we wore them down. Brighton were well drilled in shutting off the passing channels.

Thought Dean reffed the game really well, probably the best performance by a ref this season.
I slag refs of regularly but I have to agree about Dean. DeBruyne was fouled twice in the lead upto the first goal. If he had not played advantage who knows what would have happened for the rest of the match.

I slag refs of regularly but I have to agree about Dean. DeBruyne was fouled twice in the lead upto the first goal. If he had not played advantage who knows what would have happened for the rest of the match.
Agree thought he was generally pretty good, though again he was weak on time-wasting from the first whistle like they all are

Kevin ran his heart out last night and provided us with the quality as he does always what a player he is. I thought we played better In the second half with a higher tempo and got some luck with deflected goals but it’s what we deserved 3 points is all that matters now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.