Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

I don't think that Dias changed the game. That's a bit too simplistic. The first 2 goals came after deflections. Those deflections could have happened already in the first half. Mahrez had good chances before the break, but missed them. To have Dias back is fantastic, though. He's mentally fresh and can help us big time.

From the BBC....

FT: Man City 3-0 Brighton
18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City

62681b07-cb57-4838-a3bb-11d080265afa.png

View attachment 40855

Phil Foden made his 50th Premier League start for Manchester City – aged 21 years and 327 days.
He became the youngest to start 50 games for City since Joe Hart in January 2009 (21y 287d) and the youngest to ever start 50 top-flight games under Pep Guardiola, overtaking Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets in November 2010 (22y 120d).
If only he'd not been on loan for all those formative years, just think what could have been.

How many games like yesterday have we witnessed over the past 5-6 years? Often the 2nd half looks better due to a combination of opponents running out of steam, and us able to bring in equally good subs to the ones going off.

I heared this a lot last night:
[If a shot gets deflected to a corner] it’s good defending by the defending team.
[If a shot gets deflected in to the net it’s unfortunate for the defending team.

Whatever. We win. That all we needed to do and need to do for the remaining matches.

If only he'd not been on loan for all those formative years, just think what could have been.

That's Peps problem, he doesn't listen to the sky (and the rest) pundits. If he'd been on loan at Walsall, think how good he'd be now.
This is why I make sure I read Blue Moon every day. You all make me smile with your wit and wisdom and your 'sarcasm' at the frenemies in the press corps.

Thank you lads and thank you everyone else who makes me smile about the 'BEST TEAM IN THE LAND IN ALL THE WORLD.' (with apologies to @jimharri for shouting and making him put his ear plugs in again!)

Last edited:
A match that improved as it went along and followed a well worn path: stibborn opponent, some good early(ish) opportunties spurned; opponent worn down, City increasingly free flowing and confident as goal count progresses. My we are a different side once we have broken the deadlock.

Must confess the team looked backwards too much for my liking in the first half and - even though few - gave the opponent more ball and opportunities than they should have but got the win that I never felt was in doubt.

Leeds are the 16th best home side in the league, while Wolves are the 11th. Not pushovers but we should be confident of winning those games.

West Ham away is a tough fixture for us, they are the 5th best home side on the league. However, I get the sense that they’ve come off the boil recently so for once the timing might work in our favour.

For comparison Liverpool’s play Newcastle and Southampton away who rank 8th and 10th in the home league table this season. They also play away at Villa who are above the Leeds in the home only table.

We are the best away team in the league. Liverpool are only third in the away table having dropped points in six out of 16 away games.

Well reasoned, in my opinion

Leeds are the 16th best home side in the league, while Wolves are the 11th. Not pushovers but we should be confident of winning those games.

West Ham away is a tough fixture for us, they are the 5th best home side on the league. However, I get the sense that they’ve come off the boil recently so for once the timing might work in our favour.

For comparison Liverpool’s play Newcastle and Southampton away who rank 8th and 10th in the home league table this season. They also play away at Villa who are above the Leeds in the home only table.

We are the best away team in the league. Liverpool are only third in the away table having dropped points in six out of 16 away games.
We need to pray West Ham get to the Europa cup final and this fixture suddenly turns from tricky to a stroll

Our eleven on the pitch in the second half is probably the one to start against Madrid unless Walker makes an amazing recovery. That means some rotation at the weekend to keep that eleven fit & healthy.
So are you feeling positive or negative? Come on don’t keep us hanging .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.