Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

We still need that early goal in every game we play otherwise we panic and lose our composure, as was evident in the first half display tonight. Pep obviously had words at the break and that 2nd half was so much better, expecting the same again on Saturday tbqh. Great win lads, but we can improve so much more still
I've finally sussed out who you remind me of. Oohh dear!

1650530086770.png

Whilst Kevin played very well, the score was 0-0. Enter our leader and the game turns around. Welcome back Father we have missed you. He came straight on and was directing play straight away. So important for this side both in bringing the ball out and his leadership.
Dias is such an important cog now,he brings leadership,reassurance and aggression.We are so much better with his ability and presence,and he,along with Peps tweaking of tactics,were the biggest factors in us turning that game on its head.
Really enjoyable 2nd half,and a total contrast to the painful first.

We were very flat and needed a spark, was it that Dias crunching sliding tackle 2 mins after coming on??
Different team and different game after that.
Some of DeBruynes touches and actions in the 2nd half were incredible, grabbed the game by the necks scruff reminded me of David Silva at Hull few years back.
It was a pivotal moment for sure,that challenge encapsulated what the team had been missing and I think it woke a few up.

We still need that early goal in every game we play otherwise we panic and lose our composure, as was evident in the first half display tonight. Pep obviously had words at the break and that 2nd half was so much better, expecting the same again on Saturday tbqh. Great win lads, but we can improve so much more still
I often said when Roberto was here and we put in a lacklustre, turgid first half that the half time bollocking needed to be doled out after the warm up. Same last night. We'd have been three up at HT if he given a right good verbal fuckin', in Catalan, Spanish, German, and then got Bernie to give the same in Portuguese. Bollockings come across better in a foreign language. Lithuanian's a good lingo to given someone a bollocking. Perhaps he needs Zinky to say a few words in Uke as though he were addressing Adolf Putin.

We panicked ? Were you at the game, it didn’t feel like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.