Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

A couple of world class moments aside.....pretty poor overall,a better team would have took advantage.

We are lacking that spark....the cohesion and fluidity we are renowned for.A couple of square pegs,and continued rotation,isn't helping obviously.

We need Walker back or at least start trusting one of our kids.
I personally thought Brighton were the better team. Fantastic press and I can't remember the last team who forced us into playing long goal kicks. If they had a bit more creativity in the middle that could have been more uncomfortable than it was.

Looked a little ragged, while they looked energized, if lacking quality in vital areas.

Two moments of quality from City beat one moment of quality from them, with a penalty thrown in for good measure.

Couple of highlights in 95 mins. Game will be quickly forgotten.

Brighton were probably the best team to come to the Etihad so far this season.

High pressing 4-1-1-4 in the second half really made us work hard.

Slightly controversial first couple of goals for differing reasons too.

I personally thought Brighton were the better team. Fantastic press and I can't remember the last team who forced us into playing long goal kicks. If they had a bit more creativity in the middle that could have been more uncomfortable than it was.
Our midfield is looking very soft to me.It lacks an understanding and it lacks bite and pace,that is especially evident without the silky Gundo pulling the strings.
Rodri is having a shaky period,and KDB is as poor as he is good on occasion,loose passes and loss of possession becoming a undesirable regularity.......only 9 stone Bernie is properly putting himself about.

Kind of crazy that we now have scored 601 goals under Pep during those 6 seasons he has been here... astounding!

They had more passes and more posession than us
the-sky-is-falling-chicken-little.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.