Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

With the extra week off I thought we’d be better than we were - until I saw the team sheet. Was always going to be a struggle with that set up. You can’t play Mahrez with a centre back at right back. And grealish needs Gomez to play to unitise jacks strengths. We’ve got World class players who did world class things so we got away with one today I recon

Thats exactly it.We are getting results because of moments of brilliance,the overall standard of our play is well down on what we are capable of.

We should not be looking so disjointed,i think we have a squad that could produce more balance and cohesion on the pitch.Instead Pep seems to prefer the shoehorn approach.

Missed the game but saw the result and thought great. Turns out we weren't great?? A wins a win though. Take the points and move on I guess.

Happy that Palmer got on when he did... it was still a match then and he needed that extra experience to defend and still attack

Possibly the worst performance of the season so far and we had less than 50% possession. Credit to Brighton who passed it around very well and didn’t set up in a 550 formation like many others. Some players looked lethargic, notably Rodri and Cancelo, surprised Pep didn’t make full use of all five subs. Hopefully Laporte isn’t injured and neither is Eddie who looked under par today. But three points is important although the performance was a little worrying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.