Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Pep is clearly trying something new. What I’m not sure. Todays tactics left huge gaps in midfield & he’s clearly told Eddie to keep the ball longer.

Mahrez & Grealish can never play together again. my vote goes to Jack.

Very poor today but we won 3-1 so that’s a big positive.

A game to forget apart from the goals 'n the three points. Never really put any pace into the game and Brighton passed around us and between us. Had they a finisher we could have been in trouble, thank the fuck they had that Rag Galactico in WellCrap.but how peculiar from thinking that we were 3-0 had Riyad buried that chance and they are straight up our end and it's 2-1.

What is happening to Eddie? A crackin' assist for Haarland, and a good save when Tossard was bearing down, but I saw the hightlights on the way out I thought he should have put their goal round the post, and his distribution! Has he got his boots on the right feet? Never seen him so wayward with his kicks.

Brighton were very good second half. Happy that we got 3 points but thought that was pretty poor from City. Grealish & Mahrez just doesn't work as a tandem - particularly when neither had overlapping full backs to work with. Mahrez shouldn't be starting a game soon I'd rather see Alvarez, Foden or Palmer there.

I thought there was some abject defending & use of the ball by City in the second half. Akanji looked fucked and there were dangerous passes being made by him, Dias, Cancelo and Rodri. Gundogan was needed to add some pausa to the midfield. The second half felt like the first against Newcastle - not adapting to the pace of play or the performance of the opposition.

Three games in a row now where we’ve looked miles off it in terms of intensity and sharpness.

Thought we were poor in Copenhagen, distinctly average at Anfield, and poor today.

Bernardo and Rodri ran their blood to water but some of the others were awful.

Ederson and Dias just spent 90 minutes mis-kicking the ball, Akanji was ran rings around by March and Trossard in the second half (he’ll still be dizzy now), Mahrez was terrible he wasn’t even concentrating at times, Grealish started alright but did sod all second half, Haaland had a good first half but he was useless second half couldn’t control the ball but he scored a monster of an opener and a penalty that went past the ’keeper before he moved so you can let him off. de Bruyne did alright, scored a beauty, but he looks proper knackered!

Overall, we looked like we’d taken a phone call while in the pub watching Forest v Liverpool and told we had to play against Brighton at 15.00.

Brighton were very good today but they played a high line and I we only played Haaland down the channels for a run about three times all game. What was that about? He kept making the runs and we just kept not passing for him to run into space.
Several players out of form mate, maybe it's time to give the lads who haven't played that much a few run outs now. Gomez, Palmer, Alvarez need some matches

Pep is clearly trying something new. What I’m not sure. Todays tactics left huge gaps in midfield & he’s clearly told Eddie to keep the ball longer.

Mahrez & Grealish can never play together again. my vote goes to Jack.

Very poor today but we won 3-1 so that’s a big positive.
Grealish really needs to be better than he was today.

We looked rusty as hell
The weeks rest seem to have an adverse affect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.