Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Thank god the cancelled Arsenal game. Had we played like that we would be -7 for sure.
I don't get why we played so awful today.
Really?
There's a few on the motm thread saying the same but it's not my take on the match. I thought we coped well with the Brighton tactics which were intended to stop us passing and keep us pegged back (man to man and 3 upfront).
We were cruising at 2 up but some sloppy defending let them back in for 15 minutes. Once Foden came on and The Prince banged his peach in it was all over.
Not the slickest performance we've seen this season but by no means awful.

I simply do not understand how the penalty for the foul on Bernardo wasn't given immediately by VAR. Waiting 3 minutes to call the ref over. Come on. It's a complete joke.
Everyone in the ground knew it was a pen and yes, the ref had 3 or 4 players betweem him and the foul so he was slightly unsighted so he gave the defender the benefit of the doubt, but 3 fucking minutes for goodness sake. 3 fucking minutes! VAR does itself no favours at all.
They tried to hide the time it took by playing on. Seems like a new var tactic to have all the players pretending they're 'playing on' when in reality they, and everyone watching, was just waiting for that fella in black to go and watch some telly. It's a joke.

Absolutely stunned nothing was made of the VAR decision delay for the penalty on MOTD.

Anybody watching will assume it went straight to VAR when in fact the game continued for quite some time.

This pertinent fact seems to have escaped many: Brighton are a very good football team. We got back to winning ways yesterday without ever clicking into gear. It's these type of performances/results that define a season.

I expect us to look much slicker against Dortmund.
Brighton were excellent they man marked and stopped our play out from the back.

However, we really should have gone 3 up and in the blink of an eye the game was 2 - 1.

Stonewall pen on Haaland completely ignored too.

I think it bodes well for us because a 3- 1 win against anybody is welcome.
I reckon Brighton would have got something out of a game against anybody else in the league playing like that yesterday.

Last edited:
Like the players of the other teams involved in European games our players are also tired. That was also evident between Chelsea and United. The amount of goals scored in the PL has dropped as well, which was noted on Sly Sports Football last night. This mini slump inform isn’t only at City and affecting our team and players. Maybe Arsenal are the acceptation atm? We’ll see today.

It was far from a vintage performance, but we got the job done and that's all that matters I guess. To be fair to Brighton, they were really good and made it difficult for us to impose ourselves on the game in our usual way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.