Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

I watched the full game back again on sky when I got home from the match and we actually played better than my initial post suggested, watching it again without the stress of not knowing the outcome. We controlled most of the game except for a couple of periods, most noticeably after they scored. Their goal reminded me how games can flip in an instant. Mahrez should put us 3-0 up but misses then straight away they score and we go from what should be easy street to panic mode for a while. Ederson has to save that shot but he did make a couple of decent saves too. It looked like he was playing on with an injury for a while? A few players were sloppy in their passing but we won so move on. Haaland did his job which is scoring goals, if Pep can improve his touch and passing at times he will be even more effective, which is frightening for the league.

Last edited:
I watched the full game back again on sky when I got home from the match and we actually played better than my initial post suggested, watching it again without the stress of not knowing the outcome. We controlled most of the game except for a couple of periods, most noticeably after they scored. Their goal reminded me how games can flip in an instant. Mahrez should put us 3-1 up but misses then straight away they score and we go from what should be easy street to panic mode for a while. Ederson has to save that shot but he did make a couple of decent saves too. It looked like he was playing on with an injury for a while? A few players were sloppy in their passing but we won so move on. Haaland did his job which is scoring goals, if Pep can improve his touch and passing at times he will be even more effective, which is frightening for the league.
It would have put us 3-0 up

I watched the full game back again on sky when I got home from the match and we actually played better than my initial post suggested, watching it again without the stress of not knowing the outcome. We controlled most of the game except for a couple of periods, most noticeably after they scored. Their goal reminded me how games can flip in an instant. Mahrez should put us 3-0 up but misses then straight away they score and we go from what should be easy street to panic mode for a while. Ederson has to save that shot but he did make a couple of decent saves too. It looked like he was playing on with an injury for a while? A few players were sloppy in their passing but we won so move on. Haaland did his job which is scoring goals, if Pep can improve his touch and passing at times he will be even more effective, which is frightening for the league.
Good point about the control. Don’t think we were as bad as some making out. Pep and pundits mentioning their man to man tactic is bound to upset our passing, particularly without Gundo seeing the bigger picture.

Their tactics could’ve really backfired, but at the end of the day we still won by two goals and possibly more if Mahrez had put his left foot through the ball.

It’s interesting that the MotD pundits didn’t talk about us having an off day at all - and they would’ve done if we genuinely had. Brighton are no mugs on their day and we’re playing without Walker which I think has a huge impact. It isn’t easy to move from centre back to full back (in Akanji’s case - difficult for him to deal with Trossard) and it shows how good Stones and Ake are when they’re asked to do it.

Last season that would be the Southampton draw. Onwards, we won and won when I’ve no doubt we were thinking about Tuesday as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.