Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Blimey, they made that hard for us in the 2nd half. Showed why they got a point at Anfield.
Not our best performance, Pawson was dreadful in the 1st half, the stonewaller on Haaland before the 1st goal was laughable when you look at some of the crap already awarded this season as pens
Akanji is being shown up a bit of late, not quite as good as we perhaps originally thought.
We grab the 3 points thanks very much and move on however, we need to be playing better and have more control.
Much of that 2nd half was an uncomfortable watch but credit to the lads, they toughed it out.
Manny is not a fullback , he is a great cb however , dont doubt him

Rodri and Eddie's worst game for us, but that was more down the excellent tactics deployed by Brighton, very impressed with them.

The right back, Caceido and Trossard are all top players.

I could see a midfielder or forward was always closing the lane to Rodders.

Eddie, aside from the excellent assist for Erling, has been poor all season with his feet and gave away so many passes yesterday.

I thought Erling and Bernie dragged us to the points yesterday. Pep was bang on about Kev not being close to his usual levels.

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Mahrez, is particular, can't believe the club handed such a long term deal at his age.

Mahrez, is particular, can't believe the club handed such a long term deal at his age.
He's stealing game-time from Palmer now.

Foden, Haaland, Grealish is our best front three. Mahrez has stunk the place out far too regularly this season.

Been wonderful for us but think this will be his last season with us.

Rodri and Eddie's worst game for us, but that was more down the excellent tactics deployed by Brighton, very impressed with them.

The right back, Caceido and Trossard are all top players.

I could see a midfielder or forward was always closing the lane to Rodders.

Eddie, aside from the excellent assist for Erling, has been poor all season with his feet and gave away so many passes yesterday.

I thought Erling and Bernie dragged us to the points yesterday. Pep was bang on about Kev not being close to his usual levels.

Very worrying again the lack of quality from Mahrez and Grealish when they start together.

Think he is given the contract so he can have some value when he inevitably leave next summer, Maybe some italian or france club will be interested on his service,

This ^
Yeah I don't get the "we were rubbish" comments really. It's the result that counts. So many times we played really really well and didnt score, even lost the odd game, were much more frustrating imo.
Now we have Erling.
We were far from being rubbish. We just didn't play to the level we can, and Brighton adopted a strategy that negated much of our game, but when you have players like Erling, Bernardo, Kev, Foden and Jack, one of 'em is gonna come up with the goodies! We can also alter the game plan at the flick of a switch - Eddie's toe end to Erling just caught Brighton cold, their goalie ended up in no-man's-land and the solitary defender was no match for Erling's muscle. And then Kev got his bit of space . . . !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.