Brighton (H) | Post-Match Thread

Not a good game to watch. Brighton pressed us like we do to other teams and they played very well. Not a great performance from us, but we got the win and 3 points. That's all that counts.

A performance of champions

we struggled throughout the game with an unbalanced defence and the system,
the 3 centre backs and cancelo does not work for me, without a proper right wing back it closes the door to our attacks, Akanji sort of covers both roles but offers nothing going forward, is Gomaz injured ? or does pep not trust him, also the young lad Lewis when asked to play shows he can handle the pressure,

very hard game and earned the 3 points, but should have been better after a week off

A very good result but very average performance considering our standards, take it and move on.

We looked a bit tired which is strange after no midweek game, just needing to grind it out and try and find our form again.

Big EH is even more invaluable in these type of games, ensuring what could easily be some dropped points remain 3.

A few players struggling for their best form based on the past few performances, Eddie, Akanji and Dias a bit off it.

Also signs that Rodri was knackered at the death, we’re needing Philips fit and ready to share the burden.

Good that the bench is looking back to almost full strength, decent rotation for Tuesday I’m sure.

I got my updates on the match from my granddaughter in Canada! Halifax Nova Scotia in fact. I knew there was no point in looking at the Match Day Thread as people would probably be in meltdown!! So she was watching over there and kept sending me messages!! Dedication. She’s got a match of her own in about 2 hours for the Acadia Uni.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.