Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep Guardiola: "I was a little bit worried about how much we would drop what we have done over the last four months, after 40 hours ago we drank all the alcohol in Manchester, and the way they played was outstanding.

Pep Guardiola: "Phil [Foden] had a knock in the first half, problems in the leg. The doctor told me it was dangerous and we didn't take a risk. John [Stones] felt tight, he didn’t have anything, we didn’t want to take a risk.
That sounds OK in Pep speak.
Precautionary, both of them.

I'm sorry but that was not a bad performance. Far from it.
We conceded the most chances I've seen us do all season (20), and I think Brighton were the better team. Which makes it a bad performance in my opinion. The game didn't really matter and we rested most of our defenders so not a big deal. But lets not pretend this was a good performance in any way. Brighton are a good team but they are not exactly any world beaters, they have lost 4 of their last 8 games (prior to today).

Don't like what i have seen the last two games. Very reminiscent of two years ago when we won the league and then fell of a cliff. full team out at Brentford and intensity back. two games from immortality, don't screw up again.
Haha.

Not sure about resting players, isn't it better that they're in a rhythm so ready to go in the final?
Will they be though after this fragmented week? I’m not sure as think it will be like another friendly on Sunday. Hard to say how it will pan out. We could have won tonight but it wasn’t a great performance. He may go strongish for 60 mins then it will be subs galore.

Don't like what i have seen the last two games. Very reminiscent of two years ago when we won the league and then fell of a cliff. full team out at Brentford and intensity back. two games from immortality, don't screw up again.
We beat Everton 5-0 on the last day of that season.

Too many short memories around. These lads have been nothing short of astonishing these past three months. Four points from six since winning the league is a very good return. Cut them some slack.

It could be far worse , this was the away game I was dreading if Arsenal hadn’t imploded, we could have been going into the Brentford game needing a win to be crowned champions, all in all a fair result , we have to rest players now for Brentford , be nice if Chelsea turn the shits over , make them flap on the last game of the season for CL football . Champions.

Hooper was terrible with the whistle. I will agree the pull by Haaland can be seen as gaining an advantage but a similar pull on Bernado in the box not given. How strong does the pull have to be for it to count.
Also when we were attacking, one of the Brighton players goes down in a challenge with Alvarez, Hooper blows for a drop ball after we had gone 2-3 passes and gives it us in a defensive set up, no advantage at all to us at all. Brighton built up a couple of attacks in that moment.
Incompetent at best.
Yes, I have the same view. When is a foul not a foul? The defender held/pulled Haaland first, only slight but when is a foul not a foul? How do they decide how strong a pull is and how much the other player is exaggerating it, like they way they all do with their hands over their face whenever they're caught anywhere but on their face? That's simulation in my view, as with the Alvarez foul. Poor refereeing all over this season.

Pep Guardiola: "I was a little bit worried about how much we would drop what we have done over the last four months, after 40 hours ago we drank all the alcohol in Manchester, and the way they played was outstanding.

Pep Guardiola: "Phil [Foden] had a knock in the first half, problems in the leg. The doctor told me it was dangerous and we didn't take a risk. John [Stones] felt tight, he didn’t have anything, we didn’t want to take a risk.
Sound like a corkie for Phil , he's young but will probalbt be on the bench for the two cup finals I would suggest.

If every shirt pull is a foul I am ok with that to be given as a foul. But 95 of of 100 are not given, particularly when it is a defender against attacking player. So, it moves from the realm of game refereeing to the game management, because the decision was based on the outcome. But more importantly, the ref on the pitch didn't see it as a foul but VAR did and they together changed it. Imagine this happening if Arsenal was a point behind, or in the FA cup final. And this is a clear game management by the ref and VAR people, let's fit in our decision making into some narrative. I am actually really pissed off.
That business about double standards, defenders compared to forwards, is spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.