Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

A case of after the Lord Mayor's parade, & the horrors of too much alcohol! :-/

We should've been 1-4 up after 30 minutes, so if anyone's found Haaland's shooting boots, can they return them immediately please!

With reports of the squad going out on Sunday night, & several of the squad being left in Manchester as a result, this match was always destined to be one of safety first & fulfilling a dead rubber fixture where we were only playing for pride & to keep our winning sequence going.

Haaland was off colour. Mahrez was totally ineffective & Rodri playing as CB had little control or effect on the match.

In fact Haaland should've been withdrawn on 60 minutes. I'm not in favour of us playing him seemingly just so he can break records. It wasn't his night & we needed an extra body in midfield.

Palmer was effective when he came on, then went quiet for 15 minutes, then came alive for the last 10. I thought Lewis had a good game, but with all the changes in personnel & with little riding on the match, we looked a shadow of our normal self.

I've no issues with the disallowed Haaland goal. It was a clear tug & was adjudged to be enough to put their defender off to give Haaland an unfair advantage.

At least we got a point away & gave a run out to a few of the main players to keep them ticking over. Right now I can't wait for the PL to be over so we can get ourselves together & focused for the two finals we have. Right now our mentality is gonna decide how our season ends & we've gotta get back to our rhythm.

I reckon we'll play a stronger team against Brentford, as we desperately need to get our game-face back on so the balance of our season doesn't implode.

I'm not a misery guts, but surely our squad could wait until the end of the season for a celebratory piss up? We've been here before when our PL season has been won with a few games to go, the rest of the season has fizzled out accordingly & we've found ourselves unable to raise our levels sufficiently again.

Hopefully we'll get ourselves back on it ASAP, so roll on Sunday & the end of a gruelling Premier League season.
I agree, they are professional sportsmen. Wait until the season is over for a few drinks, it’s only a couple of weeks. Alcohol has such an effect on your body.
When the season is finished they can drink until the cows come home for a few weeks.

Said a draw right from the off, suits both sides. We ended the game with 1 natural defender in the pitch.

Proper pre-season formation that. Never going to be much to take from that 3 days after title celebrations, some of them will be feeling it, grealish was probably too pissed to travel. Concerned for foden and stones, literally the only thing we didn't want, hopefully both precautionary and nothing more than a niggle get through 1 more then we can look towards making history.
Why was Grealish "probably too pissed to travel"? What about the other three, Ake, Aksnji and Dias? Grealish is exhausted after playing endless minutes but our fans can't respect that but have to slander one of our own players based on nothing? Give it a rest FFS.

De Zerbi has the Pep aura.
Agreed..love the way he gets his team playing...intense but great quick and fluent passing. He could be a serious candidate after Pep has rode off into the sunset.

We should also take Brightons recruitment team as they keep finding absolute bargains

Fantastic game of football that, end to end and plenty of skill on show. I was expecting us to play like a bunch of stiffs with hangovers but we did well enough and to be honest, I'm glad there doesn't seem to be any injuries. I don't think we've learnt anything from the game we didn't already know and it was a nice end of season game in fairness.

That Brighton goal was fit to win any game, full credit to the lad and it would've been fantastic if Haaland's outrageous overhead had gone in!

Anyway, I've seen Brighton a few times this season and what a team they've been. Make no mistake, they are a very, very good team and considering their manager was pinched off them they've been absolutely fantastic and great to watch. They are a credit to the PL... and it's a shame that team will now be picked apart by teams with more money.

This is EXACTLY why it's impossible for any team outside of the CL spots to break into it. The only teams who've done it consistently are the ones who been able to have money to spend. Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, United, Newcastle, us, Chelsea etc will all be raiding that side. I'd genuinely like someone from the PL to explain to me how on earth they are meant to improve when the players will probably treble their salary at CL clubs? How can they "manage better"? It's absolutely impossible - they've reached their limit and now will be pulled apart. They cannot compete with sides like Liverpool who spent nearly a decade in 4th hoovering up "Champions" League money and wasting it.

It wasn't long ago that Everton were finishing 5th under Moyes and having their players taken from them and it will be Brighton's turn now. FFP means they cannot invest to compete with other teams and I suspect within 2/3 years they will be relegated - just like Southampton and potentially Everton will be this season.

Tonight you've seen the end of Brighton and Hove Albion as a good football team. I'd LOVE someone from the PL to explain to me how they can break into the "top 4" without having the ability to spent more money. They've been exceptionally well managed, bought exceptionally well and still can't do it because money talks.

It could be far worse , this was the away game I was dreading if Arsenal hadn’t imploded, we could have been going into the Brentford game needing a win to be crowned champions, all in all a fair result , we have to rest players now for Brentford , be nice if Chelsea turn the shits over , make them flap on the last game of the season for CL football . Champions.
Could end up 11 points cleat come seasons end which you wouldn't have put bad money on a few weeks ago,

Reactions: flb
It could be far worse , this was the away game I was dreading if Arsenal hadn’t imploded, we could have been going into the Brentford game needing a win to be crowned champions, all in all a fair result , we have to rest players now for Brentford , be nice if Chelsea turn the shits over , make them flap on the last game of the season for CL football . Champions.
Said months ago that the two games that worried me most were the last 2 games...obviously not now but it culd have been very edgy if Arsenal hadnt imploded

Reactions: flb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.