Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Injuries and momentum are starting to look like a huge concern.
I do sort of wish we could've gone straight from the Everton game in to United and Inter without these three meaningless games in-between. Maybe that would've been a step to far given how long we had been playing at such a high intensity but it possibly would have been better from a momentum perspective.

We did show them, EB.
I think Stones is ok, fingers crossed. He sat down on his bum, like they do, so that a couple of subs could be made, some may have thought he was injured but he sat on the bench when he came off, so hopefully all will be good. It looked like Silva who was struggling a bit.
What I took from the game was, some the away fans applauded the Brighton goal. Fantastic sportsmanship, almost unheard of these days.
Haaland has a head like a 50p piece.
Foden is trying to play his way into the side, by upping his game, unfortunately I feel Mahrez is doing the opposite.
Alvarez looks tired and it seems his touch has deserted him.
On the whole pleased with a point but if we needed to win the game, it would have been a different first 11 and we would have beaten Brighton.
Thank you @normskih for that reassurance about John Boy.

I am also so pleased that our fans showed how sporting they can be. For me I well remember the season I went to the Brighton & Hove match, last game of the season when we were not 100% sure we’d win the league but we did.
Their fans were superb that day, many stayed behind to see the presentation etc and as I walked back to the train many congratulating us and quite a few offering a drink as well.
So I have a soft spot for them.
I’m glad that they got through to the Europa games as well.
Thank you again Normskih.

Don't like what i have seen the last two games. Very reminiscent of two years ago when we won the league and then fell of a cliff. full team out at Brentford and intensity back. two games from immortality, don't screw up again.
What the fuck do you people want, 100mph every match then they're knackered for the final? 5 tiles in 6 seasons, 4 league cups, a FA Cup and final to come, CL final and another to come. FFS just enjoy the ride and stop whinging at every little spell where we're not at 100%.

Players all know it's not necessary when we've already won the title, and they're not going to take unnecessary risks with the finals looming. Nobody screwed up FFS, we didn't even lose the match against probably the best other footballing side in the league.

Agreed..love the way he gets his team playing...intense but great quick and fluent passing. He could be a serious candidate after Pep has rode off into the sunset.

We should also take Brightons recruitment team as they keep finding absolute bargains
To get De Zerbi we’d have to sack Pep! De Zerbi will be at a rival before Pep leaves.

We did show them, EB.
I think Stones is ok, fingers crossed. He sat down on his bum, like they do, so that a couple of subs could be made, some may have thought he was injured but he sat on the bench when he came off, so hopefully all will be good. It looked like Silva who was struggling a bit.
What I took from the game was, some the away fans applauded the Brighton goal. Fantastic sportsmanship, almost unheard of these days.
Haaland has a head like a 50p piece.
Foden is trying to play his way into the side, by upping his game, unfortunately I feel Mahrez is doing the opposite.
Alvarez looks tired and it seems his touch has deserted him.
On the whole pleased with a point but if we needed to win the game, it would have been a different first 11 and we would have beaten Brighton.
Pep Guardiola: "Phil had a knock in the first half, problems in the leg, the doctor told me it was dangerous and we didn't take a risk. John felt tight, he didn’t have anything, we didn’t want to take a risk, so hopefully he can recover as soon as possible."

Was what it was

Its quite evident these games are nothing more than keeping players ticking over.

BeIn sports were quite funny, claiming the 2 managers were trying to get one over on each other so treating it seriously.

With all due respect to Brighton, if Pep was desperate to beat them, Rodri wouldn't be starting in defence along Rico at left back.

We conceded the most chances I've seen us do all season (20), and I think Brighton were the better team. Which makes it a bad performance in my opinion. The game didn't really matter and we rested most of our defenders so not a big deal. But lets not pretend this was a good performance in any way. Brighton are a good team but they are not exactly any world beaters, they have lost 4 of their last 8 games (prior to today).
Bloody hell you are hard to please.

Team has been playing flat out for weeks, celebrated winning the PL only three days before. An away draw on a Wednesday night to a very capable team is alright in my books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.