Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep has just said they went on elsewhere after the celebrations at the Etihad & drank Manchester dry!

With two finals looming & a chance to create history, why the flying fuck would we want to risk it all for a bleedin piss up, when our season's far from over? :-/
Fucks sakes mate I’m turning 60 this year and even I‘m only fucked for two days after a piss up.

A few players were missing but this notion that they were too pissed to travel is completely unsubstantiated. I have no doubt that they enjoyed Sunday night and probably lazed about on Monday, but they won't have been hammering it three nights straight. They were allowed to have a well-earned celebration yet still went away to a top team and came back with a point. Three years ago, Liverpool lost 4-0 at our place and given the excuse of a title hangover. If our title hangover is a 1-1 draw at Brighton then we're not doing badly. From tomorrow though, we get our heads down and focus on the real business.
Pep's just said the players went out after the celebrations at the Etihad & drank Manchester DRY! What's unsubstantiated about that?

Also, what well earned celebration? The season's not over & we've TWO HUGE fuck off finals ahead of us!

Are you seriously telling me our players just don't have the ability to contain themselves?

What if we lose our momentum AND the next three matches. What will you say to me then? It's just the way the cookie crumbles? It's the way the mop flops? :-/

OR will you look back & start to analyse the small margins we could've made up if we'd delayed our title celebrations & remained totally professional for another 3 weeks? \0/

OK thanks.

I realise that, and I've no problem them getting some experience, in fact it's great, but I wondered why we used a lot of first team, and left a few at home, was it injury ?
Not injury. Presumably some of them were given a few days off. Good management. The rest he gave minutes to for rhythm and fitness. He’s not going to be blooding kids at this stage particularly because his over riding priority is of course the two cup finals.

What if they'd have played tonight and got injured? A few drinks and being available rather than not, I know what I'd take. Grow a pair! ;)

The way you know he was winding them up was there is no way Nathan was on the lash, and I don't think Ruben and Laporte would have been.
Pep is just pulling their plonkers.
It will be solid defence v Brentford and the midfields turn for a day off.

What if they'd have played tonight and got injured? A few drinks and being available rather than not, I know what I'd take. Grow a pair! ;)
If they’d played tonight and got injured some other pea brained moron would be screaming at Pep for playing them. That’s what happens on these forums where the Dunning Kruger principle holds firm in the kingdom of Captain Hindsight.

Just back from the game. Thankfully only live 25 mins or so away from Brighton. Thought 2nd half we played well first wasn’t the best but totally understandable.

Had my 7 year old son with me waiting for the players by the coach, was saddened to see all the players completely ignore the kids shouting and just go straight on the coach. One player stopped and it was Phil foden. He stayed and made sure everyone got something signed, my son got his jacket signed and was absolutely made up.

So thank you Phil you really are a credit to the club. pep also posed for a few photos but the rest of the players couldn’t give a toss. I know they are probably told to not stop for photos but it does break your heart seeing these kids scream at their idols only to be totoslly ignored. I remember going to Chelsea away when I was about 10 and Shaun goater and sun jihai signed my programme, although we lost 5 0 that day I was buzzing. only takes about 6 seconds to make memories for these kids.

Why would we even take the risk? We've seen how hard it is to take our foot off the gas, & then trying to get back up to speed for a one off final.

Are our players so desperate for a title piss up, they can't wait two weeks?

We've got a chance to create history, so why're we risking it because our players wanna see the dry bottom of a keg? :-/
There's plenty of time between now and the derby. Let them cut loose. The prem is the big one. Get them back in Friday, some game time on Sunday and get that 11 ready to fucking muller united. We have to play with the intensity of the Madrid game and the fact it's the derby leads me to believe we will. And if we do, we should walk that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.