Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

The one thing everyone can probably agree on is that Guardiola isn’t a fan of players taking liberties off the pitch during the season.

If he was happy to laugh and joke in public about the players drinking on Sunday, we can be pretty sure it wasn’t anything that overly concerned him.

If we lose to United and Inter, it won't be because the players had a drink on Sunday night.
Having the mother of all piss ups in the lead up to such a crucial period of our season AND history won't help!

Is it really worth taking the risk? If we did everything we could & lost both finals, I could accept it, but what's the betting if we lose them that this weekend's piss up comes up as one of the causes?

You'd be shocked to know the damage excessive alcohol can cause, & how long it truly takes to recover from a serious sesh... :‐/

Absolutely agree with that, it is game management. Not only that but if it's not a clear and obvious error then VAR shouldn't even be involved. Either give every shirt pull as a foul or don't give any of them. You can't have it both ways and expect fans to be happy about it.

It's not about tonight's result, it doesn't matter in that respect but what if this had been a deciding factor in a cup match? Or a title decider? If it's a foul then so was the pull on Bernado in the first half.
Its not just shirt pulling though is it, its blatant manhandling most of the time, especially on a corner none of which (very rarely) are given, as you say if thats a foul so was Bernardos.
Consistency of decison making and we all know where we stand, fair enough, is it going to happen not a chance.
And this is my fear against the rags, its only with the officals help they have any chance of beating us.

If he was happy to laugh and joke in public about the players drinking on Sunday, we can be pretty sure it wasn’t anything that overly concerned him.
That would be my take on it too, and several of those not involved tonight, I'd be doubtful if they went too far on Sunday anyway, and if any of them went so far, that they were unable/unfit to travel to Brighton for tonights match, then they don't deserve a place in any of the upcoming finals (I don't think that will be the case, given the way we have dealt with the last 3-4 months).

Nobody but him, he's just jumping to conclusions. People are focusing on the "drunk all the beer in Manchester" bit in the video but nobody has mentioned the part at the end where he said they discussed how he wanted everybody ready for the match at Brighton. He also said at the end that players were injured, slight knocks to recover from, that sort of thing.

It's perfectly obvious, they had a night celebrating 3 days ago, he rested a few, gave some of the others a chance and had we gone 2 or 3 up, looking at the bench I'm sure he would have given some of the kids a chance too, as many teams do at the end of season in meaningless matches. If they had been that pissed the media would have been all over it like a rash. People putting 2+2 together and coming up with 7.
Try this fella...

First of all you're clearly missing the point about drinking Manchester dry - it's a missive, an exaggeration to say they had a celebration. You and only you are assuming it was "the mother of all piss ups".

Second, it's 3 days before a meaningless end of season match, a match in which most clubs would play a few of the players on the sidelines like Rico. A piss up 2 weeks before a match isn't going to affect anybody, but it's only you that is assuming they were all completely rendered. There are a hundred reason why we could lose a final, a few drinks a fortnight before won't be one of them.
What point am I missing exactly? It's this simple. After Sunday we had four matches to go, of which two are finals.

Is "Drinking all the alcohol in Manchester" really worth risking us making history for?

I'm sorry fella. If it was me the squad would've had a couple of celebratory drinks & been driven home in taxis & told to report for a warm down the following day.

They can get as fuckin pissed as they like from June 11th 2023 onwards. Up until then I'd expect the upmost in professionalism until the job is complete.

That's what makes the difference between the winners & losers in life. We can have all the talent in the world, but without professional application, we unnecessarily risk falling short.

Is that really worth it because we couldn't delay a title piss up for two weeks?

I agree it was a foul. The problem I have with it is that if the defender had pulled Haaland like that a penalty would not have been given.
Agreed, either Haalands goal ruled off for a foul and a penalty given for pullback on Bernie, or neither is a foul and goal stands

Been out on a works do tonight, so not seen any of it, worrying mention of potential injuries for Phil and John, and was a reason given for all the unused kids on the bench ?
The players drank all the alcohol in Manchester on Sunday night, so presumably weren't in any fit state to travel.

To make matters worse, we've now got unspecified injuries to Foden & Stones... :-/

Having the mother of all piss ups in the lead up to such a crucial period of our season AND history won't help!

Is it really worth taking the risk? If we did everything we could & lost both finals, I could accept it, but what's the betting if we lose them that this weekend's piss up comes up as one of the causes?

You'd be shocked to know the damage excessive alcohol can cause, & how long it truly takes to recover from a serious sesh... :‐/
Pep also stated he was lining Dickov up to play a few weeks back, if their was anything to worry about a press conference is the last place were going to find out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.