Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Just caught up on this thread.

Do some people on here actually think the alcohol consumed by the players on Sunday will affect them in the cup final a week on Saturday and the the champions league final the following week?

Seriously?

Deary fucking me
Agree mate.....it won't affect those finals. The only possible thing it could have done was maybe - maybe - have given rise to an injury last night as their bodies weren't at 'temple' status. Foden got booted on the leg, so he was subbed. Stones just felt tight muscles, so he was subbed and no harm done. Everyone else appeared to be OK, although Bernardo was wincing a bit on the bench.

The other thing to remember.....Sterling's goal at Bournemouth away in the 97th minute to give us victory (the one where he was subsequently booked for a second time for allegedly going into the crowd and was therefore sent off). IIRC Pep had a right go at the players afterwards for NOT celebrating the win. He said you have to celebrate those moments. He's probably given the green light for the celebrations after the Chelsea game if that's anything to go by.

Also, in Pep's presser before the Brighton game he did mention some players had niggles. Likely that's the case with the 5 that didn't travel.

Nothing wrong with a celebration last Sunday imho.

Agree mate.....it won't affect those finals. The only possible thing it could have done was maybe - maybe - have given rise to an injury last night as their bodies weren't at 'temple' status. Foden got booted on the leg, so he was subbed. Stones just felt tight muscles, so he was subbed and no harm done. Everyone else appeared to be OK, although Bernardo was wincing a bit on the bench.

The other thing to remember.....Sterling's goal at Bournemouth away in the 97th minute to give us victory (the one where he was subsequently booked for a second time for allegedly going into the crowd and was therefore sent off). IIRC Pep had a right go at the players afterwards for NOT celebrating the win. He said you have to celebrate those moments. He's probably given the green light for the celebrations after the Chelsea game if that's anything to go by.

Also, in Pep's presser before the Brighton game he did mention some players had niggles. Likely that's the case with the 5 that didn't travel.

Nothing wrong with a celebration last Sunday imho.
Fuck Pep. What's he done in the game? He knows fuck all. Same with all the medical staff, conditioning people and sports phycologists at the club.

It's Dribble from Blue Moon who knows how to handle these players.

How is that entitled? When managers move sometimes a whole groups of backroom staff move with them.
It was also a comment on their effectiveness
Probably just the wording. Makes it sound like they don’t have a choice. But in principle you’re right.

Are you kidding me, brighton have done extremely well since they have been in the prem and made europe for the first time , we used to be them or have you forgotten already
I'm not a fan of music blaring and dancing.
I like a lap of honour then home for tea.
Am I being boring?

I enjoy watching Brighton and DeZerbi has done a very impressive job. That said we are 27 points clear of B&HA...its all relative I suppose.
Difference between both teams is irrelevant considering the resources, what matters is committement to playing beautiful football which Brighton have shown throughout and its something which will help English game in the long run.

OK. That disallowed goal. I accepted it, but basically only because the game was a dead rubber.
But just imagine this horror scenario: imagine if Arsenal had been one point behind or, worse, level on points??! I think I would have been raging, quite honestly. I would have been hopping mad.
Several things: that kind of minor shirt pulling goes on all over the pitch. It goes on from defenders in the penalty area, without penalties being awarded (except to Salah, four seasons back, by the way). Skrtl used to do it all the time – blatantly.
And that brings me to my next point. Round about the fifty minute mark, same thing happened to Bernardo, who went down in the box. Not given by the ref, no intervention by VAR. If I can accept that, then there is equally no reason to accept the intervention by VAR and the cancelled goal.
But above and beyond, we always come back to the same bigger question. VAR's remit. “Clear and obvious.” That's the remit. A clear and obvious foul that the ref and his assistants have missed. There is no way that the linesman missed it! Not from where it was, not from the angle he had on it (I think it unlikely that the ref missed it, incidentally, but let that pass). That's exactly why the Brighton defender turns to him, appealing. VAR should not be intervening in such cases. The touchline assistant saw it, and did not think it merited flagging. End of story. VAR should not intervene.
I take it that the ref can choose not to go to the monitor, incidentally? That he can say, “No, I saw it clearly, or one of my linesmen saw it, and I'm giving that”?

By the way, in a general sense, overall, Brighton were well worth their point. That's not in question.

Last edited:
thought we were poor.

Ortega is crap on with the ball at his feet, so many times when he plays I feel we are a mistake away from conceding (nearly did)

Mahrez did nothing

Was good to see Haaland get involved alot more ( Has the cuts to prove it)

Our Iniesta had a good 50 mins hopefully he is fully fit.

Still dont know why we didnt have more CB's playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.