Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will see something similar to Chelsea and then full strength vs Brentford to get players back up to full match sharpness.

Pep hinted at them being good preparation for the finals coming up, so I think he'll go strong.

I think he's alluding to their overall level and quality rather than style of play. It would keep the players sharp playing a good team that are good in possession.

Plus Brighton can still get 5th if they won their last 2 and Liverpool lost on Sunday.

So if Pep is looking to keep players focused and sharp with a real game against a side not already packing their cases for a holiday, this is the game

Not convinced this will be as difficult as everyone thinks. We will rest a few and play at a low tempo but Brighton try to play a bit of football, which will suit our style.

City 3 - 1 Seagulls

I don't think it's difficult as such. It's more a question of how motivated they can be — or how motivated Pep can get them. It's the ten thousand dollar question.
That said, I'm not sure that BHA themselves are all that motivated. Oh, they'd like to beat the champions, sure. It'd be a feather in their cap. But Europe's a done deal. How motivated can they be, frankly?
This could be a bore fest, in fact.
As I surmised several weeks ago, though, if we had been in a position where Arsenal were still within one or two points of us, I'm absolutely certain that we could and would have got these two games won. It's what we do. But I was equally pretty sure that it would be settled at this point.

Going to the game tonight with My friends who got me this for my 40th bday … much rather be in the away end with my follow blues .. but let’s see what damage I can do to the unlimited small plates and drinks for 2 hours before kick off …IMG_2460.png

We can easily put a near full strength team out whilst Pep still makes sure they don’t play at 100%.

No, the shift in goal difference for Villa to catch them is not going to happen.
Actually, yes, Brighton can go ahead of Liverpool if they win their final two matches and Liverpool loses at Southampton. It's Europa League either way, but call it prestige or just playing for the highest position. Unlikely, though, Liverpool is not losing at Soton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.