Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he comes back pep will be finished there's only 1, person in charge he won't change his mind

Great men and great managers admit when they are wrong and put their ego to the side.

I used to work with an old guy who said.

The man that never makes a mistake never made anything.

I think it was a mistake too. Sorting it by bringing him home and holding his hands up would be the true mark if a man of courage.

Great men and great managers admit when they are wrong and put their ego to the side.

I used to work with an old guy who said.

The man that never makes a mistake never made anything.

I think it was a mistake too. Sorting it by bringing him home and holding his hands up would be the true mark if a man of courage.
This is a bring back Hart thread, so it's about Joe not his replacement. It wasn't a mistake to let Hart go, it was done for very good football reasons, for Pep to play his way we needed a different keeper. Whether Bravo is the right replacement or not is for the Bravo thread nothing to do with whether Hart should come back. And for the very reasons he was let go, they haven't changed and won't change so we won't be bringing Hart back and nor should we.

Bravo needs to have more protection from the defenders as we allow to many chances in a 1 on 1 situation.
Yet Bravo needs to do much better at narrowing down the angles and making an effort to save shots.
Willie in goal tonight might be a good option in that it takes Bravo out of the firing line.
I don't particularly rate Bravo as a keeper but I do understand what Pep is trying to do with playing out from the back,yet saying that Bravo needs to be quicker off his line and play like a sweeper keeper.

yet saying that Bravo needs to be quicker off his line and play like a sweeper keeper.
Do agree with this, and until his sending off he was doing this, don't know whether he has been instructed to stay back or he has lost a bit of confidence.

This is a bring back Hart thread, so it's about Joe not his replacement. It wasn't a mistake to let Hart go, it was done for very good football reasons, for Pep to play his way we needed a different keeper. Whether Bravo is the right replacement or not is for the Bravo thread nothing to do with whether Hart should come back. And for the very reasons he was let go, they haven't changed and won't change so we won't be bringing Hart back and nor should we.

I think you are right on how it will pan out. Do you not think Joe could develop that side of his game?

Have you any keeper in mind you think Pep could bring in that fulfils his requirements?

You didn't answer my question,all kinds of dross make it into their national teams that's why i never judge anyone by their international performances.I am talking about bravo and not joe,showing video's of joe doesn't make bravo any better,you are deflecting,what do your eyes tell you about bravo in a city shirt?
It's a thread about bringing Joe back and thus comparisons between the two and you don't think a video of Joe is useful? Shocking.

Agree. I thought King's Saturday was his fault, fault being harsh, saves it, it becomes World Class.
It would have been a fantastic save if he'd kept it out and he nearly did.

I've just watched that second goal again very carefully and when the throw is taken, Silva is standing just off King and Kolarov is marking Slimani. The ball comes in and Fernando challenges the Leicester player , who just wins out. Silva has moved towards the ball and left King free while Slimani moves back a couple of yards, Kolarov doesn't go with him and no one else picks him up. So he picks up the second ball and knocks it back to King, who hasn't moved from where he was when the throw is taken. If Silva had stayed where he was at that time and just kept an eye on King, he'd struggle to get that shot away or it would be blocked by Silva.

And the goal Burnley scored was another where we failed to pick up an opposition player just outside the box at a set piece and he's got to the second ball virtually unchallenged. It's something we're very poor at generally.

I've told you, and tried to explain my point. I don't think Bravo deserves the shit he's getting and fans and 'pundits' seem desperate to find fault. They have done from minute one.
The video of Hart is not a dig at Hart, it's to show the difference between a 1vs 1 and what Bravo is facing.
People are trying to find fault in Bravo.

I know you like Joe, I do to. This isn't a dig at him. But below is a goal we conceded from Victor Moses. Hart isn't really at fault and isn't really blame. In fact Proven says he has no chance. Had that been Bravo he would have been blamed. This is my Pont, people are blaming Bravo with no context and far too easily.

Can you name me this dross international tournament winning captains?

Bravo is a very good keeper, due to an abysmal defence he's being hung out to dry. Every goal we concede is being levelled at him.

I'm not looking to find fault in him, so I don't blame him for all our goals. I think his handling has been excellent. He catches a high percentage of crosses and he uses the ball well. Even when it goes long, it's often to a man.
I don't think he's been anywhere as bad as some want him to be.

Great balanced post.

I was very disappointed that Joe didn't get a chance under Pep but now the decision has been made, I really think as a fan base we need to move on and regardless of what people think of Bravo, we need to get behind him. He's going to be our keeper for at the very least the rest of this season and in the odd away match I have been to, it has been pretty obvious to me that a fair number of supporters are not giving him much support at all. I don't think a thread like this is terribly helpful. What I would say is that if Joe was given no chance to adapt then I wish someone like Kolarov, who now seems to be just twatting the ball up the pitch and not trying to pass it out would be treated in the same ruthless manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.