Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bring Hart back. Buy new decent fullbacks what should have been done at least last year. We have NO decent fullback! It's absolutely shocking.

Nothing can be ruled out but think about the ramifications of Hart returning in terms of the dynamic in the dressing room. Pep will be admitting he got it wrong which has to cast doubt in the minds of the squad, it would undermine his authority.

And letting Toure back in without the demanded apology from his stupid agent didn't already do that?

Please don't think from me posting this that I expect Joe Hart back, I don't think he will come back even if asked and who could blame him but personally I think that Guardiola's authority has already been undermined.

Last edited:
And letting Toure back in without the demanded apology from his stupid agent didn't already do that?

Please don't think from me posting this that I expect Joe Hart back, I don't think he will come back even if asked and who could blame him but personally I think that Guardiola's authoriity has already been undermined.

Possibly, don't know what went on with Pep and Yaya behind closed doors though.

Please don't think from me posting this that I expect Joe Hart back, I don't think he will come back even if asked and who could blame him but personally I think that Guardiola's authoriity has already been undermined.

Pep got a grovelling apology on behalf of his agent from Yaya, that's what he wanted.

And given he also said Yaya must apologise to his teammates and the management before he played again, I imagine that's exactly what he did behind closed doors.

There is absolutely no way his authority has been undermined. He definitely won that battle.

I know you are a stats man but what do your eyes tell you? is bravo struggling or not? De Gea is making great saves,important saves and keeping the rags in their games,bravo is not

What I'm seeing is grossly unfair critisism of Bravo right from the start. People saying they prefer their keepers good with their hands.
The keeper we have has achieved more than our last one ever will.
He has captained an unfashionable national side to two major international honours.
He was Barcelona's number one and won the lot there.
He's been voted one of the top five keepers in the World 2 years running.

Yet, he's arrived here like some sort of clown and treated as such since the minute he walked through the door.

I was a big fan of Hart on the pitch and have mutual friends off it. He was great for City but he's never and never will win what Bravo has.
He was poor last season and had a hideous Euros. I didn't think we'd or want him replaced.

But everything in Bravo's history suggest he's a very good keeper. He's not been given a chance. Near every goal we concede is left at his door.
There is an argument that Hart may have done better. I do believe he would have saved King's on Saturday.
There is however a misty eyed notion that Hart was excellent at 1 vs 1, I don't remeber so, he was very good at blocks and turned 70-30 challenges into 60/60's in his favour, but goals like Chelsea scored or Leicester, Hart was often rooted to his line.
Think Stoke at home last year.

This is not a dig at Joe, it highlights the difference between a block which Hart was great at and when the striker has half a field to run into.

In my mind, Hart should never be in the dressing room again and singing his name will only cause more problems to the current squad. In the game v Leicester, play two slow fullbacks and a young learner in a line which is so high up that it leaves a large gap between keeper and the back line was an advert to the Leicester defenders to just boot long balls into space and let fast forwards run onto them. This was not rocket science and we got the result it deserved. It did not happen last night at Bournemouth and the result was different. Yes, the players did not turn up but we should expect better things from Management. Let's see if they learned anything at all for the game v Arsenal on Saturday. If not we will continue the statistic that says we haven't won any games against the top five clubs (home or away) for years.

Nothing can be ruled out but think about the ramifications of Hart returning in terms of the dynamic in the dressing room. Pep will be admitting he got it wrong which has to cast doubt in the minds of the squad, it would undermine his authority

You are approaching this completely wrong.

Pep. Didn't. Make. A. Mistake.

Hart isn't capable of playing the way Guardiola does. So getting rid of him couldn't be a mistake. No matter how many mistakes Bravo makes, Hart would be making 3x as many trying to play a way he simply can't - and Hart knows that which is why he left for any loan at all instead of spending a year as number 2.

To bring Hart back into the squad would be to stop playing the style of football he's built a career on for 30 years. It will happen over his dead body, he's made this really, really apparent in his press conferences from day 1.

What I'm seeing is grossly unfair critisism of Bravo right from the start. People saying they prefer their keepers good with their hands.
The keeper we have has achieved more than our last one ever will.
He has captained an unfashionable national side to two major international honours.
He was Barcelona's number one and won the lot there.
He's been voted one of the top five keepers in the World 2 years running.

Yet, he's arrived here like some sort of clown and treated as such since the minute he walked through the door.

I was a big fan of Hart on the pitch and have mutual friends off it. He was great for City but he's never and never will win what Bravo has.
He was poor last season and had a hideous Euros. I didn't think we'd or want him replaced.

But everything in Bravo's history suggest he's a very good keeper. He's not been given a chance. Near every goal we concede is left at his door.
There is an argument that Hart may have done better. I do believe he would have saved King's on Saturday.
There is however a misty eyed notion that Hart was excellent at 1 vs 1, I don't remeber so, he was very good at blocks and turned 70-30 challenges into 60/60's in his favour, but goals like Chelsea scored or Leicester, Hart was often rooted to his line.
Think Stoke at home last year.

This is not a dig at Joe, it highlights the difference between a block with Hart was great at and when the striker has half a field to run into.

You didn't answer my question,all kinds of dross make it into their national teams that's why i never judge anyone by their international performances.I am talking about bravo and not joe,showing video's of joe doesn't make bravo any better,you are deflecting,what do your eyes tell you about bravo in a city shirt?

I think the opposite, the way Pep handled Toure has strengthened his position. He demanded an apology, but kept Toure training and when he got the apology from Toure himself, he played him. So not only did he show authority, he managed to show that if players do the right thing he doesn't burn his bridges. Hart is completely different, he knew Hart wouldn't be his first choice for football reasons and allowed him to leave for, Harts sake ,as much as the club having an unhappy player around.

You are approaching this completely wrong.

Pep. Didn't. Make. A. Mistake.

Hart isn't capable of playing the way Guardiola does. So getting rid of him couldn't be a mistake. No matter how many mistakes Bravo makes, Hart would be making 3x as many trying to play a way he simply can't - and Hart knows that which is why he left for any loan at all instead of spending a year as number 2.

To bring Hart back into the squad would be to stop playing the style of football he's built a career on for 30 years. It will happen over his dead body, he's made this really, really apparent in his press conferences from day 1.

I didn't say he made a mistake, I was speaking hypothetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.