Bring the Noise

Against Atalanta.

1894 were at the front of 115. About 30 of us, give or take.

We got quite a few songs going, so did the lads at the back of 115, but the middle section of 115 weren't interested in joining most of the time.

Which is frustrating as 115 ‘is’ officially the singing section/block.

We did the Poznań a couple of times. The first time it carried up 115. The 2nd time later on in the game, the middle section couldn’t be arsed, so it died a death.

When you think back to the times when the Poznań went around the whole stadium, and the impact it had on the crowd, the atmosphere, the players, and the ‘crushing effect’ it had over the away support, it’s such a shame it’s never done anymore.

There’s got to be close to 2000 fans in SSL1, up to the corner flag. Block 115 holds in the region of 500 fans. We’ve probably got up to 50 fans who try to get songs going on a regular basis. It’s not difficult to do the maths, and to see why we aren’t creating an atmosphere from SSL1 and the official singing section.

Can’t wait for Tuesday night against Southampton in the League Cup. Should be a cracking atmosphere. :-/

I watched the highlights of Schalke v Bayern last night. Schalke have a similar sized lower stand/tier to SSL1.

It was packed with Schalke fans from side to side, top to bottom, all signing, and many constantly waving flags. I appreciate the flag waving would piss people off over here. But there must have been about 2000 fans in that section of the ground who were signing and supporting the team. I know it won’t ever happen bar the big games, but can you imagine 2000 City fans constantly singing and supporting the team in SSL1. You wouldn’t hear they away fans.
Schalke’s level one must be over twice the size of ours
2012_09_22_FC_Schalke_04_-_FC_Bayern_Muenchen_14_640.jpg

Today I purposefully waited to clap the team off and held in a piss until full time to waste time.
That meant by the time I got to the car the traffic had died down because most had left early and gone.
I reckon we have the worst fans in the country for leaving early.
This is my biggest gripe. We are playing some of the best football any team has ever played but the exodus starts with more than ten minutes remaining.
I go to most away games and even if we're stuffing the home side there appears to be a much higher percentage remaining at the end than for almost any game at the Etihad.
We've hammered West Ham on all five visits to the London Stadium and while their fans started leaving at 75-80 minutes it was a trickle compared to the flood we see at home.
Yesterday wasn't quite as bad as against Atalanta but was still bloody awful.

Against Atalanta.

1894 were at the front of 115. About 30 of us, give or take.

We got quite a few songs going, so did the lads at the back of 115, but the middle section of 115 weren't interested in joining most of the time.

Which is frustrating as 115 ‘is’ officially the singing section/block.

We did the Poznań a couple of times. The first time it carried up 115. The 2nd time later on in the game, the middle section couldn’t be arsed, so it died a death.

When you think back to the times when the Poznań went around the whole stadium, and the impact it had on the crowd, the atmosphere, the players, and the ‘crushing effect’ it had over the away support, it’s such a shame it’s never done anymore.

I think sadly winning breeds complacency and expectation.

But how do we stop people leaving early? There obviously needs to be more teams because the waiting time is embarrassing but maybe the club shouldn’t open the doors until the whistle has gone.

I think sadly winning breeds complacency and expectation.

I think this is it.

I try and fight it but to be perfectly honest, I’m frustrated if we’re not battering teams these days and if we don’t score before half time I wonder what’s going on.

I don’t moan or throw a strop but I can’t help but feel disappointment if we don’t score early.

Maybe it’s because I know what we’re capable of and when we don’t do it, it’s frustrating.

I always try and remember the Pearce days, particularly and especially when Leroy Lita put Reading 0-2 up at our place that season, as it was a particular low point for me, to try and bury that frustration.

Losing is now a massive shock, against anyone and I think winning so often and so much, makes things worse.

I think this is it.

I try and fight it but to be perfectly honest, I’m frustrated if we’re not battering teams these days and if we don’t score before half time I wonder what’s going on.

I don’t moan or throw a strop but I can’t help but feel disappointment if we don’t score early.

Maybe it’s because I know what we’re capable of and when we don’t do it, it’s frustrating.

I always try and remember the Pearce days, particularly and especially when Leroy Lita put Reading 0-2 up at our place that season, as it was a particular low point for me, to try and bury that frustration.

Losing is now a massive shock, against anyone and I think winning so often and so much, makes things worse.
But even then, many fans don’t even show this frustration. They just sit there and watch. I think I’d rather some people lose their shit at the team a bit more when they’re frustrated that we’re not stuffing someone than sit there in silence.

But even then, many fans don’t even show this frustration. They just sit there and watch. I think I’d rather some people lose their shit at the team a bit more when they’re frustrated that we’re not stuffing someone than sit there in silence.

I don’t want to make negative noise or get on the teams back. They don’t deserve it as they’re the best side we’ve ever had so I keep it to under my breath.

For the record I do make positive noise when it reaches me.

I’m obsessed with football so I’m more bothered about what’s happening on the pitch and I watch it so closely that I don’t really think about starting songs but if one reaches me in SS3, I join in every time.

Yes many people are passionless and win or lose their emotions remain the same. Again I refer back to the late 90s and remember for good or bad the crowd reaction reflected the performances on the pitch.

Some look as if they cannot wait to leave, since the moment they arrived, and the most important thing is to ensure they miss traffic on the way out.

Looking at the 1st goal on motd from behind the goal, most of the singing section hadn't made it back to their seats to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.