Bring the Noise

It’s City chants that are the ones everyone joins in with. All the chants about the club name are the best known and biggest chants that everyone knows. Very very few people around the ground get involved with individual player chants.

100% agree with that mate. We both sound like broken records on this issue,but it’s true. Obviously there are other major issues - we don’t have a home end being the main one !

People join in when they know the songs, but barely any of them are sung now.

Hey Jude
We love you city
City til I die
We’re not really here
Blues go marching In

These songs are barely sung now. Maybe once a match if that for some of them. But they are songs people join in with. Easy, simple chants. When we go 1-0 up I don’t want to sing about bloody edin Dzeko.

£50 ? and the rest...it's not a cheap do to buy match tickets if you can't commit to a season ticket.

Which is why we now have pubs full of blues on home match days. We never used to.

Yep. Yesterday wasn’t a sell out and the atmosphere was dead.

How much difference would our revenue be if they did £30 tickets or even a little less?

£50 ? and the rest...it's not a cheap do to buy match tickets if you can't commit to a season ticket.

Which is why we now have pubs full of blues on home match days. We never used to.
There are more of my group of mates going on Tuesday night than went yesterday.

Fifteen years ago there’d be 20+ of us, yesterday 5 of us met up at the Townley after the game.

I’m going with my Dad on Tuesday, he now only attends cup games after going home and away throughout the 70s-00s. And 7 of my mates are also going.

I can’t see how people can criticise European fans.

75% of German crowds do watch the match, and they join in with the songs and create an atmosphere. I see them sitting there and watching the match when I watch German Matches on the TV.

The 25% of German fans/Ultras who sing constantly are located in their singing sections in 1 area/stand of the stadium. And even a majority of them watch the match, while singing, and react accordingly to what’s going on on the pitch.

It would be like SSL1 constantly singing, and the other parts of the Etihad jointing in at times throughout the game. That doesn’t happen.

Yes, the Ultras can be monotonous, but at least they create an atmosphere that get’s the whole stadium joining in. We have a couple of hundred singers spread about in SSL1 and the Kippax Corner, and 50,000 other City fans who just sit there in silence until they get annoyed with a referring decision, or get frustrated if City are struggling to breakdown the opposition. That’s not supporting the team. That’s just reacting to an incident on the pitch. Big difference.

Most of your post is correct jrb. Out of the 50,000 there is a few 100 who constantly refer to our players as shit. That includes a middle aged Southerner who I was stood to places away from in 116 for the Wolves game. I didn’t hear here get behind the team all game.

People will either sign or not but it’s the catalogue of excuses they I find a bit poor. VAR isn’t helping but the atmosphere has been fading for donkeys.

Fifteen years ago there’d be 20+ of us, yesterday 5 of us met up at the Townley after the game.

I’m going with my Dad on Tuesday, he now only attends cup games after going home and away throughout the 70s-00s. And 7 of my mates are also going.
yeah cos it's more reasonably priced. Tuesdays game price is brilliant.

It doesn’t reflect the game at all though, it’s the same monotone chants from minute 1 to 90 and they have people facing the wrong way, at the front, choreographing the whole thing - it’s rubbish.

Don’t get me started on drums or megaphones too.

Of course they do. That’s what they do in that section of the ground. If 1894 ever got a dedicated block in the expanded NS, I’d hope we’d sing constantly throughout the match, support the team, and get the rest of the stadium singing as well. What’s wrong with that? Just because I want to sing and support the team constantly throughout the match doesn’t make me a robot or devoid of emotion. I’m like you and every other City fan.

Are you going to criticise the Palace fans as well? Selhurst Park is by far the best home atmosphere in the PL. Palace lose plenty of home games, but their Ultras and the other Palace fans continue supporting the team throughout the match and until the end of the match.

Compare that to when City went 1 down against Wolves. You could hear a pin drop. And 10 minutes before the end of the game when the result was still in the balance, City fans *turned their backs on the team and headed for the exits*, when they should have been supporting the team. Is that a better reaction because people were pissed off that City we’re getting beat, or would *you* rather see City fans stay until the end of the match, support the team, and try and help the team turn the result around?

As for a drum and a megaphone. It has been discussed with the club. And the club isn’t against the idea. Obviously some City fans are. Sniff!

Hopefully, if the NS is ever expanded, and 1894 get their own block behind the goal, a drum and/or megaphone could be trialed *within that block*.

But don’t worry, it won’t be near you, unless you want to move into that block and support the team throughout the match, and express your emotions freely and without fear of being ridiculed for do it. ;-)

Last edited:

Does your dad not go to league games due to cost? It’s a shame there is no recognition of long term fans that went through the good the bad and then the good again, but as we all know it’s a business not a charity sadly

I don’t want to make negative noise or get on the teams back. They don’t deserve it as they’re the best side we’ve ever had so I keep it to under my breath.

For the record I do make positive noise when it reaches me.

I’m obsessed with football so I’m more bothered about what’s happening on the pitch and I watch it so closely that I don’t really think about starting songs but if one reaches me in SS3, I join in every time.
Seems to me that you want to leap from your seat blurting out a 'we love you City' type song to show your passion ?

I've tried that in various parts of the stadium and been frowned upon in disdain.

I've moved to 110 this season, best thing I've done since having previously had a value gold 4 seasons in total. Was in 109 4 seasons and there for the 'Aguero-oooooh' moment, but many parts of the stadium are too library like, like up in the gods of CB 3 and east 3.

It's becoming more theatre like each season. People moan about it on here who want to sing themselves but feel it's futile. Problem is we have pockets of singer's all over the stadium bursting at the seems to get a song going, but their attempts of trying to get a song going is soon quelled largely through apathy of others and embarrassment of disturbing their peace!

One way to stop this is to have a roving policy where supporters are allocated a block with no seat number. Friends wishing to be near each other can be on a first come first served basis.

I hate all this contrived 'match day experience' bollocks. We supporters need the opportunity to sing as one, and when the proposed North stand extension is built it needs careful consideration as to getting a Dortmund style wall of sky blue noise.
I'd love nothing better than thousands of passionate blues chanting "we are the northstand".

I hope the club consider a roving approach in the future, as I feel this can and will help us making our own match day experience a while lot better, and a lot louder!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.