Bring the Noise

I don’t want to make negative noise or get on the teams back. They don’t deserve it as they’re the best side we’ve ever had so I keep it to under my breath.

For the record I do make positive noise when it reaches me.

I’m obsessed with football so I’m more bothered about what’s happening on the pitch and I watch it so closely that I don’t really think about starting songs but if one reaches me in SS3, I join in every time.
Sounds the same as me that. Me and three or four lads in our block always sing every song we can hear started by the Singing Section and Kippax Corner. We always try and be positive too.

English fans in general are more involved in what’s going on on the pitch. But I do think the fans in the stadium and the match on the pitch are 50:50 in terms of their importance in the game. Not so much that the team need the fans to be loud to win, but just in a football culture kind of way.

Sounds the same as me that. Me and three or four lads in our block always sing every song we can hear started by the Singing Section and Kippax Corner. We always try and be positive too.

English fans in general are more involved in what’s going on on the pitch. But I do think the fans in the stadium and the match on the pitch are 50:50 in terms of their importance in the game.

Yes definitely. I actually much prefer English crowds to German, as we at least seem to watch the match and the volume reflects what’s happening on the pitch.

Even yesterday, when the atmosphere was terrible, the occasional times people did sing were when the team had sustained attacks, close attempts or when we’d won the ball back from pressing.

This is much better than choreographed monotone chanting.

Yes definitely. I actually much prefer English crowds to German, as we at least seem to watch the match and the volume reflects what’s happening on the pitch.

Even yesterday, when the atmosphere was terrible, the occasional times people did sing were when the team had sustained attacks, close attempts or when we’d won the ball back from pressing.

Good traditional English atmospheres are the best in the world. Representative of what’s going on in the game, they hit the peaks and troughs of the game and they’re with the players in every pass and move they make.

But days like yesterday where almost all of the crowd just sit and watch are really frustrating. And then when everyone gets up and leaves, many not even looking back as we attack and they just walk up the steps, it just makes you think “who are these people?!”

I just wish everyone was involved in the game, every game. People don’t have to sing all game, by no means. And people don’t have to be in a frenzy like we can get to in the big games. But just get involved in every game!

I’d leave it open to anyone from any club to give examples of a better atmospheres in the country last season compared to the Etihad in the Liverpool Prem game and the CL second leg against Spurs. Our atmospheres were INCREDIBLE on those nights.

But there’s no happy medium with us. We have those amazing nights but then days like yesterday where I’m embarrassed being part of our fanbase.

I can’t see how people can criticise European fans.

75% of German crowds do watch the match, and they join in with the songs and create an atmosphere. I see them sitting there and watching the match when I watch German Matches on the TV.

The 25% of German fans/Ultras who sing constantly are located in their singing sections in 1 area/stand of the stadium. And even a majority of them watch the match, while singing, and react accordingly to what’s going on on the pitch.

It would be like SSL1 constantly singing, and the other parts of the Etihad jointing in at times throughout the game. That doesn’t happen.

Yes, the Ultras can be monotonous, but at least they create an atmosphere that get’s the whole stadium joining in. We have a couple of hundred singers spread about in SSL1 and the Kippax Corner, and 50,000 other City fans who just sit there in silence until they get annoyed with a referring decision, or get frustrated if City are struggling to breakdown the opposition. That’s not supporting the team. That’s just reacting to an incident on the pitch. Big difference.

Last edited:

75% of German crowds do watch the match, and they join in with the songs and create an atmosphere. I see them sitting there and watching the match when I watch German Matches on the TV.

The 25% of German fans/Ultras who sing constantly are located in their singing sections in 1 area/stand of the stadium. And even a majority of them watch the match, while singing, and react accordingly to what’s going on on the pitch.

It would be like SSL1 constantly singing, and the other parts of the Etihad jointing in at times throughout the game. That doesn’t happen.

Yes, the Ultras can be monotonous, but at least they create an atmosphere that get’s the whole stadium joining in. We have a couple of hundred singers spread about in SSL1 and the Kippax Corner, and 50,000 other City fans who just sit there in silence until they get annoyed with a referring decision, or get frustrated if City are struggling to breakdown the opposition. That’s not supporting the team. That’s just reacting to an incident on the pitch.

It doesn’t reflect the game at all though, it’s the same monotone chants from minute 1 to 90 and they have people facing the wrong way, at the front, choreographing the whole thing - it’s rubbish.

Don’t get me started on drums or megaphones too.

Good traditional English atmospheres are the best in the world. Representative of what’s going on in the game, they hit the peaks and troughs of the game and they’re with the players in every pass and move they make.

But days like yesterday where almost all of the crowd just sit and watch are really frustrating. And then when everyone gets up and leaves, many not even looking back as we attack and they just walk up the steps, it just makes you think “who are these people?!”

I just wish everyone was involved in the game, every game. People don’t have to sing all game, by no means. And people don’t have to be in a frenzy like we can get to in the big games. But just get involved in every game!

I’d leave it open to anyone from any club to give examples of a better atmospheres in the country last season compared to the Etihad in the Liverpool Prem game and the CL second leg against Spurs. Our atmospheres were INCREDIBLE on those nights.

But there’s no happy medium with us. We have those amazing nights but then days like yesterday where I’m embarrassed being part of our fanbase.

Stop charging £50 for tickets and encourage the old faces that can not afford it now to come back.

That’s the only way in my opinion.

We’ve sadly lost match goers and imagine how often we’d sell out if we got them back on a regular basis, for midweek games too.

Yes, the Ultras can be monotonous, but at least they create an atmosphere that get’s the whole stadium joining in. We have a couple of hundred singers spread about in SSL1 and the Kippax Corner, and 50,000 other City fans who just sit there in silence until they get annoyed with a referring decision, or get frustrated if City are struggling to breakdown the opposition. That’s not supporting the team. That’s just reacting to an incident on the pitch.
I think their chants are very annoying/boring and a bit cringeworthy. And the worst thing about them is their fucking drums - I fucking despise them!

Atalanta were great last week. It wasn’t 90minutes of unrepresentative monotonous singing. AND THEY DIDN’T HAVE A DRUM! They were enjoyable to hear compared to everyone else who turns up and just whollop fuck out of the pig skin and sing songs with no words to the beat for 90mins.

Nothing beats a good traditional English atmosphere. We just need to be more consistent with them.

Stop charging £50 for tickets and encourage the old faces that can not afford it now to come back.

We’ve sadly lost match goers and imagine how often we’d sell out if we got them back on a regular basis, for midweek games too.
£51.50 for a ticket yesterday I believe? How much are Catagory A games?

£50 ? and the rest...it's not a cheap do to buy match tickets if you can't commit to a season ticket.

Which is why we now have pubs full of blues on home match days. We never used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.