Bring the Noise

1894 would like a more central position in block 115 for CL matches, but many of the seats are already sold, so we get the front rows, which allows us to all stand together.

From your experience JRB do you think that works better than being spread out in smaller groups over a few blocks and maybe dragging occasional singers into the chanting as well. I think one of the issues many stay quiet is they feel uncomfortable on their own

It’s great to hear the club doing things and caring about the atmosphere, but it means nothing if they price out the people that make the atmosphere.

I’d also suggest if they really do care why al the cheesey, corporate shite- a band playing the other night.

I always try and play Devils Advocate where the club is concerned. They are far from perfect. I have constantly vented my spleen about continual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, tiered block pricing, the ‘matchday experience, etc. On the flip side, CL, FA Cup, and League Cup tickets are dirt cheap. And the club have gone out of their way to make those tickets affordable for all City fans. They have listened to the fans. City fans aren't priced out of the cup competitions, but many City fans still don’t go to those matches.

The report states 180 Ultras, if true? We,1894, struggle to get 30, 40, or 50 City fans to relocate to the front rows in 115 on a CL night. 1894 are always looking for City fans to relocate for 1 match, to join in the singing, and to help with the displays if possible, but there aren’t many takers, even on BM when we post a thread.

You get fans to relocate for the odd game here and there. Palace have a core group of people who sing all game and all go together - a supporters club of sorts. Have you ever thought of trying to grow your core group ?? Asking the supporter clubs perhaps.... not just getting people to relocate for cup/ champions league games. Lots of the groups you see, green brigade, spion kop have at least 100 core group members.

It’s difficult to get people to move for the odd game. I include myself in that. I always seem to complain about the atmosphere and move in the south stand when I can.

I always try and play Devils Advocate where the club is concerned. They are far from perfect. I have constantly vented my spleen about continual season ticket and matchday ticket price rises, tiered block pricing, the ‘matchday experience, etc. On the flip side, CL, FA Cup, and League Cup tickets are dirt cheap. And the club have gone out of their way to make those tickets affordable for all City fans. They have listened to the fans. City fans aren't priced out of the cup competitions, but many City fans still don’t go to those matches.

I agree cup prices are affordable. However city have literally priced out many fans doing what they did every week (for years). When you stop people from attending games, weekly, lots of people think why should I pay for that, feel alienated from the club and lose the match bug.

From your experience JRB do you think that works better than being spread out in smaller groups over a few blocks and maybe dragging occasional singers into the chanting as well. I think one of the issues many stay quiet is they feel uncomfortable on their own

Yes and no. In block 115 against Atalanta the front and back were singing, but the middle was generally quiet. That’s where the link between the front and back broke down. It’s like having a sandwich, but with no filling. If we could get the front and back singing, and have some singers scattered in the middle, that would work. But we also need fans in 114, 116, and across the SSL1 to join in more. TBH, the Kippax corner have upped their game recently, and it’s much more like it used to be in there. I spent 3 great season’s in 111 before relocating to the new singing section in block 115.

John it’s the midweek factor mate. I am going tomorrow but the midweeks leave me so tired the next day. Not an option for many especially kids on a school night and with piss poor transport links etc. We will get 35 ish I would imagine tomorrow which when you think back to Maine road in its final days would have been bursting at the seams. I have to say I think the atmosphere has been poor in the last two games. I just don’t think the stadium is that condusive to a great atmosphere with the bowl of the second tier being slightly distant. Plus the fact many fans have got older and a bit more complacent. It will only really change if we get operation one end.

John it’s the midweek factor mate. I am going tomorrow but the midweeks leave me so tired the next day. Not an option for many especially kids on a school night and with piss poor transport links etc. We will get 35 ish I would imagine tomorrow which when you think back to Maine road in its final days would have been bursting at the seams. I have to say I think the atmosphere has been poor in the last two games. I just don’t think the stadium is that condusive to a great atmosphere with the bowl of the second tier being slightly distant. Plus the fact many fans have got older and a bit more complacent. It will only really change if we get operation one end.

Spot on Worsley. The biggest problem is that our crowd has got old and the passion is pretty much dead.

Where are the 18 - 25 year olds at matches. We must have the lowest percentage of fans in that bracket in the PL.

Was reading on here yesterday that the best idea was to try and attract those that used to stand on the Kippax that have lapsed. Ffs the last thing we need is an influx of 50 somethings to spruce things up.

Operation one end is waste of time in my opinion. It’ll be the same people that fill it that sit quietly every week.

As stated on here before, why should these people keep other people's seats warm in a 4th round match, knowing full well that they won't get a final ticket if we get there? The club should put in place someone who attends every round is guaranteed a final ticket, that either pushes the people who pick and choose games to attend or the others that make the effort get a final ticket

I agree that the second tier is audibly remote. Perhaps future plans should look at safe standing in the 1st tier, around the ground, rather than an "end" approach. Cannot see a solution to the ageing thing because of the costs, unless all clubs decide to introduce special pricing for our youth. And some mobility on where you could stand.
My group in the Kippax numbered about 15, on a good day.We met prior in the pub, and continued after.We didn't need to arrange it , just turn up at the pub. Land o cakes was the first, and it changed every now and then. Many of us older fans belonged to these groups. How could you reproduce that in a modern Stadium ? It only seems to happen on the Continent.

Spot on Worsley. The biggest problem is that our crowd has got old and the passion is pretty much dead.

Where are the 18 - 25 year olds at matches. We must have the lowest percentage of fans in that bracket in the PL.

Was reading on here yesterday that the best idea was to try and attract those that used to stand on the Kippax that have lapsed. Ffs the last thing we need is an influx of 50 somethings to spruce things up.

Operation one end is waste of time in my opinion. It’ll be the same people that fill it that sit quietly every week.

Bit if we build an extra 10000 seats and make it accessible and affordable to five thousand teenagers we will get an atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.