brink back sitting

Superbia said:
Totally unfeasible in regards to away games.

Why?<br /><br />-- Mon May 24, 2010 1:09 pm --<br /><br />
brianstrousers said:
Effectively standing in an all seater stadium is illegal so i'd say there is a difference

Which law? Can you show me some cases where people have been convicted of standing at a football ground?

whp.blue said:
mcfcjosh said:
fuck off!!

my first reaction as well but on reflection

sit if you want to sit as you have paid for your seat

i will also stand if I want to stand football should not be sanitized to the degree that the stands are full of trainspotters in anoraks abiding by all the rules.

football has and always be a release for the working classes

I agree with what you are saying about sanitised football, but at a ground where standing restricts the view of fellow supporters because of the design - for example Boro is fine for standing whereas Upton Park is not - is it a fair attitude to assume people who would prefer those around them to sit are "anoraks"?<br /><br />-- Mon May 24, 2010 1:13 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Superbia said:
Totally unfeasible in regards to away games.

Why?

-- Mon May 24, 2010 1:09 pm --

brianstrousers said:
Effectively standing in an all seater stadium is illegal so i'd say there is a difference

Which law? Can you show me some cases where people have been convicted of standing at a football ground?

How do you sort it? Who decides how many rows are allocated for "sitters"? Would loyalty points come in to it...numerous reasons it would not work, and a moot point anyway as stadiums are all seater!

Superbia said:
How do you sort it? Who decides how many rows are allocated for "sitters"? Would loyalty points come in to it...numerous reasons it would not work, and a moot point anyway as stadiums are all seater!

The ticket office would sort it. When you buy your tickets, you specify sitting. The ticket office at that point doesn't tell you where you are sitting. After all the tickets are sold, seats are then allocated according to what you've specified. A few days before the game, or after all the tickets are sold out, the club then contact you to tell you your seat. It's not a moot point at all. Stadiums are all-seater yet we all know away fans stand. There's a gap between theory and practice. I'm suggesting a solution which could bridge the gap so that people who wants to sit, can, by sitting in the front rows where people can stand behind them. If away fans could opt for a standing terrace or seating, or everybody wanted to sit or everybody wanted to stand, then it would be a moot point. Alternatively, since you know when you go to an away game that people will be standing you either accept it, or don't go at all. Or, would you prefer to sit in front of the standers? I know which one makes sense to me.

Skashion said:
Superbia said:

The ticket office would sort it. When you buy your tickets, you specify sitting. The ticket office at that point doesn't tell you where you are sitting. After all the tickets are sold, seats are then allocated according to what you've specified. A few days before the game, or after all the tickets are sold out, the club then contact you to tell you your seat. It's not a moot point at all. Stadiums are all-seater yet we all know away fans stand. There's a gap between theory and practice. I'm suggesting a solution which could bridge the gap so that people who want to sit, can, by sitting in the front rows where people can stand behind them. If away fans could opt for a standing terrace or seating, or everybody wanted to sit or everybody wanted to stand, then it would be a moot point. Alternatively, since you know when you go to an away game that people will be standing you either accept it, or don't go at all. Or, would you prefer to sit in front of the standers? I know which one makes sense to me.

A club would not be able to actively encourage standing so it is a moot point.

So what you are saying, is if I know a ground I will be attending is set up in a way that makes it difficult to see the game if stood up, I should miss out?? Rather a selfish attitude that isn't it? I'm alright jack because I can see the game, sod anyone else who might be injured, short, pregnant, a child etc. - what's wrong with compromise on both sides?

Superbia said:

So what you are saying, is if I know a ground I will be attending is set up in a way that makes it difficult to see the game if stood up, I should miss out?? Rather a selfish attitude that isn't it? I'm alright jack because I can see the game, sod anyone else who might be injured, short, pregnant, a child etc. - what's wrong with compromise on both sides?

If that is the case, (and I take it that someone has at least asked the club about this?) then perhaps we could use our own initiative and operate on an understanding that we don't follow seat numbers (as already happens at away games in many instances) and standers who are allocated tickets in the front rows move further up and sitters who are allocated tickets further back come to the front.

As far as I'm concerned this is 'compromise'. Why shouldn't I be able to stand in an all standing area? The system is completely biased in the favour of sitters with all-seaters and clubs not being able to be seen actively encouraging standers, and you ask for compromise? Laughable. Standers have had fuck all consideration since Hillsborough. We've had to force the issue by having unofficial standing areas at Eastlands - an unofficial arrangement which is already acknowledged by the club.

Skashion said:
Superbia said:

If that is the case, (and I take it that someone has at least asked the club about this?) then perhaps we could use our own initiative and operate on an understanding that we don't follow seat numbers (as already happens at away games in many instances) and standers who are allocated tickets in the front rows move further up and sitters who are allocated tickets further back come to the front.

As far as I'm concerned this is 'compromise'. Why shouldn't I be able to stand in an all standing area? The system is completely biased in the favour of sitters with all-seaters and clubs not being able to be seen actively encouraging standers, and you ask for compromise? Laughable. Standers have had fuck all consideration since Hillsborough. We've had to force the issue by having unofficial standing areas at Eastlands - an unofficial arrangement which is already acknowledged by the club.

You say asked "the" club - it wouldn't be up to City would it? It would be up to the away club, and as some already reduce away allocations for persistent standing they would be unlikely to agree.

I ask for compromise in seating areas, surely every fan there has the right to see a match as well as they can? As I've stated already at some grounds the issue is not as bad, but tell me it wouldn't annoy you just slightly to pay out around £50 to watch your team and see practically nothing ?

Skashion said:
Why would you be unhappy sitting in the front rows with all those in front of you sitting?

I've not said I wouldn't be, I just do not share your confidence that it is a feasible solution.

Superbia said:
Skashion said:
Why would you be unhappy sitting in the front rows with all those in front of you sitting?

I've not said I wouldn't be, I just do not share your confidence that it is a feasible solution.

It's a more feasible solution than telling away fans not to stand! If you ask them to sit down altogether, even if it's just for certain grounds, most'll tell you to fuck right off. I'm at least trying to show some consideration. I'd be happy to move back so sitters can move forward but that's the very most understanding and consideration you'll get methinks.

Skashion said:
Superbia said:

It's a more feasible solution than telling away fans not to stand! If you ask them to sit down altogether, even if it's just for certain grounds, most'll tell you to fuck right off. I'm at least trying to show some consideration. I'd be happy to move back so sitters can move forward but that's the very most understanding and consideration you'll get methinks.

Sad state of affairs if that's the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.