brink back sitting

the opening post was to play devils advocate, and fair enough i understand some of the responses from fans who want to stand, but the reallity is the game has moved on when solely blokes were seen at the match, basically all walks of life attend now due to football basically being safer to attend.

the notion that because you stand makes you more passionate is bollox, and the attitude of fuck you i am standing is selfish to those with kids and those who struggle to stand.

away games belong no more to those who want to stand as to those who want to sit, and to my mind it makes you a bit of a wanker if you have no thought for the poor family who cannot even see the match.

and as for atmosphere if the best we can do is we've got robinhio and stand up if you love city, i would happily sit in a deathly silence for ever.

Superbia said:
Sad state of affairs if that's the case.

The only reason that's the case is because standing has been repeatedly attacked by the powers that be. If there were safe standing terraces in the higher leagues in Britain as there are in other countries e.g. Germany there would be no issue at all. Sooner or later, we have to take a stand - no pun intended.

sweep said:
horlock said:
Standing creates atmosphere, imagine sitting and singing you would look like a right twat.
No it doesn't, listen to our south stand.

listen to our north stand.... oh wait it sounds fucking none existant.

boring twats.

Speaking as someone who is Five foot and a tealeaf ( and there must be many fans the same size as me) I can't see a thing when everbody is standing up so most of the away games I've been to and all the derbies at COM I miss most of and have to watch it on TV when I get home.

fathellensbellend said:
the opening post was to play devils advocate, and fair enough i understand some of the responses from fans who want to stand, but the reallity is the game has moved on when solely blokes were seen at the match, basically all walks of life attend now due to football basically being safer to attend.

the notion that because you stand makes you more passionate is bollox, and the attitude of fuck you i am standing is selfish to those with kids and those who struggle to stand.

away games belong no more to those who want to stand as to those who want to sit, and to my mind it makes you a bit of a wanker if you have no thought for the poor family who cannot even see the match.

and as for atmosphere if the best we can do is we've got robinhio and stand up if you love city, i would happily sit in a deathly silence for ever.

Totally agree, as a person who goes to as many away matches as I can it is annoying that I have to stand all the time so that I can see the game. I am not as young as I used to be (are any of us!! :-)) and therefore find it difficult to stand for 45 mins. I do NOT however shout at other people who do stand I just try to grin and bear it. At home I am lucky enough to be on the front row so don't have to worry but sitting does NOT MAKE ME LESS VOCAL. Just ask the people who sit around me and smile when I apologise for shouting so loud.

I know the difficulties of standing at away matches and had the experience of having to leave the Chelsea away match at half time partly because I couldn't stand any longer. I am sure that if I had been able to sit down I would have seen the 'best away second half of the season' instead of being on the way home!!! :-)

C'est la vie!!

CITY FOR LIFE said:
100%blue said:
Speaking as someone who is Five foot and a tealeaf ( and there must be many fans the same size as me) I can't see a thing when everbody is standing up so most of the away games I've been to and all the derbies at COM I miss most of and have to watch it on TV when I get home.
Stand on your chair!!!
I can't because I'm just in front of the disabled area and that means they won't be able to see.. The reason they have seats is for everybody to sit down, the fact that they are lax about the rules in some areas shouldn't mean people who want or need to sit are not able to do so.Before anyone tells me to move, why should I, I've been in this seat from the start and know everbody around.At the moment the only time we've had to stand has been the Derbies.
Hopefully that will carry on.I'm in south stand but on the corner near the colin bell so hopefully the (illegal) standing section won't be extended to there.

In terms of home games, at Eatlands, you've got a choice whether to stand or sit, depending on which stand/section you buy your ticket for, which is ideal.

Away games are all about the atmosphere in my opinion, so everyone should stand. If you just want to sit down and watch the match, why even go to an away game? Just watch it in the pub or at home.<br /><br />-- Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm --<br /><br />
100%blue said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Stand on your chair!!!
I can't because I'm just in front of the disabled area and that means they won't be able to see.. The reason they have seats is for everybody to sit down, the fact that they are lax about the rules in some areas shouldn't mean people who want or need to sit are not able to do so.Before anyone tells me to move, why should I, I've been in this seat from the start and know everbody around.At the moment the only time we've had to stand has been the Derbies.
Hopefully that will carry on.I'm in south stand but on the corner near the colin bell so hopefully the (illegal) standing section won't be extended to there.

If it's illegal to stand up at a football match, then I hope you stay sat down for half-time.

I went to the Oasis concerts at Eastlands and there wasn't anyone sitting down in the whole stadium. Was that illegal?

gazzaa2 said:
In terms of home games, at Eatlands, you've got a choice whether to stand or sit, depending on which stand/section you buy your ticket for, which is ideal.

Away games are all about the atmosphere in my opinion, so everyone should stand. If you just want to sit down and watch the match, why even go to an away game? Just watch it in the pub or at home.

-- Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm --

100%blue said:

If it's illegal to stand up at a football match, then I hope you stay sat down for half-time.

I went to the Oasis concerts at Eastlands and there wasn't anyone sitting down in the whole stadium. Was that illegal?
Are you stupid? Unless there was a football match going on at the same time it's ok to stand.You're obviously nitpicking so I'll rephrase it to your not supposed to stand up at FOOTBALL MATCHES if the stadiums are all seaters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.