Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corky said:
Will the fat cat Tory bankers all quit too?

They caused the mess, or are we trying to pretend it was the unions again?

Corky, whilst the previous Tory administration started the deregulation of banks, this Labour government has just continued this policy apace.

Cheesy said:
The cuts you are on about would have been put in place by whichever party got into power so that's a moot point I'm afraid (though I guess you know that as you're not stupid). However, the reason they will have to be so deep is because of the level of debt this Labour government has got us into.

By the way, I hate the Daily Mail :-)

I look at Greece and think if a country that isn't pumping as much as we are into "war" that isn't trying to "save the world" as we and the US seem to love doing, then, it could be far worse.

I can't champion the Tory party because they're built from a culture from which i completely disagree with, i'll respect him if he makes the right, tough decisions as in this material time, he'll become greatly unpopular by the mases who are ignorant to most politics.

There'll be no real winners here; Labour are out of power and Tory/Lib Dems will either fuck us up worse or do the right thing and be hated for it.

GStar said:
Cheesy said:
The cuts you are on about would have been put in place by whichever party got into power so that's a moot point I'm afraid (though I guess you know that as you're not stupid). However, the reason they will have to be so deep is because of the level of debt this Labour government has got us into.

By the way, I hate the Daily Mail :-)

I look at Greece and think if a country that isn't pumping as much as we are into "war" that isn't trying to "save the world" as we and the US seem to love doing, then, it could be far worse.

I can't champion the Tory party because they're built from a culture from which i completely disagree with, i'll respect him if he makes the right, tough decisions as in this material time, he'll become greatly unpopular by the mases who are ignorant to most politics.

There'll be no real winners here; Labour are out of power and Tory/Lib Dems will either fuck us up worse or do the right thing and be hated for it.

I trust that the Tory's will do the right thing and that's why I voted for them this time. If they don't I will be as disppointed in them as I am with Labour at the moment. It is going to be fcuking horrible though and whether they can convince the public that what they have done is the right thing is another matter.

Cheesy said:
Corky said:

Corky, whilst the previous Tory administration started the deregulation of banks, this Labour government has just continued this policy apace.

I'm not blaming the 1979 Gvnt, just the bankers themselves, UK and USA, most of which will be Tory/Republican.

Cheesy said:
Corky said:

All parties would have ignored the impending collapse until it happened and based their policies on the economy as it appeared..

Cheesy said:
Corky said:

Oh, the old "they're at least as bad as us, vote for us" argument. This exact argument is everything that is wrong with politics.

(No offense mate!)<br /><br />-- Tue May 11, 2010 9:34 pm --<br /><br />
Cheesy said:
I trust that the Tory's will do the right thing and that's why I voted for them this time. If they don't I will be as disppointed in them as I am with Labour at the moment. It is going to be fcuking horrible though and whether they can convince the public that what they have done is the right thing is another matter.

Which is what exactly? And spare me the philosophical stuff and things with no basis, give me actual Tory policies that will benefit the wider country.

Sad day for British politics.

What a sad, sad day for British politics.
Brown was an honourable man who has handled the situation with the upmost dignity and proffesionalism. Thanks to the British right wing press and the Tory's he has been forced to resign.

It isn't to debate about which party is better. But how sad it is what the press have done.

Ah well when the tories mess up one can hope Labour will be back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.