Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesy said:
Well, I'm hoping for different :-) I also remeber the eighties & mid nineties and I can safely say I;m far worse off now (as is the country as a whole).

Listen mate, the Labour Party are not to blame for the fact that you now have kiddies milking you dry. That's your own lookout. ;)

Cheesy said:
mikeyboy said:
correct they have done fuck all for me full of empty promises, but i'm old enough to remember the 1980's. so if you think it's fucked up now and it's gonna be great from now on then good luck to you fella you'll need it.

Well, I'm hoping for different :-) I also remeber the eighties & mid nineties and I can safely say I;m far worse off now (as is the country as a whole). 1997 - 2005 was not a bad time and I voted Labour back then, but the last 5 years have been a shambles.

-- Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm --

Bigga said:
No.

The people didn't want BROWN in charge. Not Labour.

It became a beauty contest and a pathetic one, at that.

So what you're saying is that the majority of those who don't happen to agree with your views didn't study policies, manifestos, etc, but instead voted for the most photogenic? That's a little condesceding isn't it?

You tell me what a 'beauty' contest entails and I'll tell you that's what it became. Obviously not LITERALLY, ffs...

Skashion said:
Cheesy said:
Well, I'm hoping for different :-) I also remeber the eighties & mid nineties and I can safely say I;m far worse off now (as is the country as a whole).

Listen mate, the Labour Party are not to blame for the fact that you now have kiddies milking you dry. That's your own lookout. ;)

Even sadder mate is that I'm not even responsible for it! ;-)

Cheesy said:
So, as I said to mikey, this Labour government has done fuck all for you too. We workers should all be glad they've gone.

Disagree... they've got members of my family into hospitals and into treatment where 15 years ago they might now not be here now... Whilst it sounds you'd rather have a system where everyman fights for himself, i can't argue with a system set up to take care of everyone in society, yes its currently being abused by a minority but this "benefit britian" is horseshit... its a system that does need tweaking but not close to the scale papers like the Daily Mail would have us believe.

Lets see what this new government do for the working man... Cut pensions, raise the working age, increase tax, decrease public spending. So unemployment will go up as public sector jobs are cut, less people will find work as existing employees stay in work longer, we'll have less disposable income as taxes go up so we'll have less reward at the end of the working week to enjoy.

Wooo, it'll be great to be a working man under this government... it'll be no differnet, infact it will be worse.

Thats not to say a continuation with Labour would have been different... but to think things will be better with Labour out... no chance.

Bigga said:
Cheesy said:
Well, I'm hoping for different :-) I also remeber the eighties & mid nineties and I can safely say I;m far worse off now (as is the country as a whole). 1997 - 2005 was not a bad time and I voted Labour back then, but the last 5 years have been a shambles.

-- Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm --

So what you're saying is that the majority of those who don't happen to agree with your views didn't study policies, manifestos, etc, but instead voted for the most photogenic? That's a little condesceding isn't it?

You tell me what a 'beauty' contest entails and I'll tell you that's what it became. Obviously not LITERALLY, ffs...

And I didn't mean it literally either of course. I just think saying the result is down to peoples ignorance of real policies, etc (which is what you're doing) is unfair on the vast majority of voters who would (I hope) look a bit deeper than the veneer that all the parties had on show.

He’s left us all with quite an expensive bill to pick up

Let’s hope Mandleson and Campbell disappear as well. Their sleaze, lies and manipulations did so much damage. New Labour should re-brand as Real Labour and return to more honourable ways of behaving

GStar said:
Cheesy said:
So, as I said to mikey, this Labour government has done fuck all for you too. We workers should all be glad they've gone.

Disagree... they've got members of my family into hospitals and into treatment where 15 years ago they might now not be here now... Whilst it sounds you'd rather have a system where everyman fights for himself, i can't argue with a system set up to take care of everyone in society, yes its currently being abused by a minority but this "benefit britian" is horseshit... its a system that does need tweaking but not close to the scale papers like the Daily Mail would have us believe.

Lets see what this new government do for the working man... Cut pensions, raise the working age, increase tax, decrease public spending. So unemployment will go up as public sector jobs are cut, less people will find work as existing employees stay in work longer, we'll have less disposable income as taxes go up so we'll have less reward at the end of the working week to enjoy.

Wooo, it'll be great to be a working man under this government... it'll be no differnet, infact it will be worse.

Thats not to say a continuation with Labour would have been different... but to think things will be better with Labour out... no chance.

The cuts you are on about would have been put in place by whichever party got into power so that's a moot point I'm afraid (though I guess you know that as you're not stupid). However, the reason they will have to be so deep is because of the level of debt this Labour government has got us into. I honestly see the Tory's being more capable of getting us out of this than this Labour party ever could.

By the way, I hate the Daily Mail :-)

Ducado said:
He’s left us all with quite an expensive bill to pick up

Let’s hope Mandleson and Campbell disappear as well. Their sleaze, lies and manipulations did so much damage. New Labour should re-brand as Real Labour and return to more honourable ways of behaving

Yep, and had Cameron been in power he'd have left in the same way... If Kilroy was in power we'd still be in the red.

Even Cheesy has admitted 1997-2005 were good years, so i find it hard to light the bag of dog shit solely at Labour parties door.

As for honourable ways of behaving you want to open your eyes to all politicians, all parties have been tarnished by expenses.

Will the fat cat Tory bankers all quit too?

They caused the mess, or are we trying to pretend it was the unions again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.