Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GStar said:
Cheesy said:
So, as I said to mikey, this Labour government has done fuck all for you too. We workers should all be glad they've gone.

Disagree... they've got members of my family into hospitals and into treatment where 15 years ago they might now not be here now... Whilst it sounds you'd rather have a system where everyman fights for himself, i can't argue with a system set up to take care of everyone in society, yes its currently being abused by a minority but this "benefit britian" is horseshit... its a system that does need tweaking but not close to the scale papers like the Daily Mail would have us believe.

Lets see what this new government do for the working man... Cut pensions, raise the working age, increase tax, decrease public spending. So unemployment will go up as public sector jobs are cut, less people will find work as existing employees stay in work longer, we'll have less disposable income as taxes go up so we'll have less reward at the end of the working week to enjoy.

Wooo, it'll be great to be a working man under this government... it'll be no differnet, infact it will be worse.

Thats not to say a continuation with Labour would have been different... but to think things will be better with Labour out... no chance.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Can you tell me who actually pays for all the services and where does the money come from? In order to have the great public services you have to have the money, buisiness creates the money, if you don't have the money you can't have the services, it seems quite a hard concept for some people, it does not grow and trees. Sure labour pumped squilions into public services, but in the process have given us the largest public debt ever, which is no good for the future of the country

terryphelan said:
This is a sad day for spongers, chavs and criminals everywhere.

My heart goes out to them.

I'm not going to gloat here, or to argue to toss or anything. Let me just say this, God (or whoever) help all of us. The new Tory budget is about to fuck us all.<br /><br />-- Tue May 11, 2010 9:39 pm --<br /><br />
Bigga said:
"Offence", Damo!

Designing and writing an American piece of software at the moment, the language is rubbing off on me.

Damocles said:
terryphelan said:

I'm not going to gloat here, or to argue to toss or anything. Let me just say this, God (or whoever) help all of us. The new Tory budget is about to fuck us all.

Agreed, but hopefully those of us who've worked and saved hard will end up slightly better off than others...

n_mcfc said:
Who would the labour supporters (me included) like as the new leader?

I'm not partisan to any party but I would say Miliband. Anyone as long as it isn't Jack Straw

So the fiasco continues.

Cameron as PM. Laughable! He's obviously seized what will almost certainly be his last chance. A failure to capitalise on Labour's relative unpopularity and Lord Cashcroft's funds from across the sea make him a dead man walking IMO. In order to seize power the other leader without a mandate, Clegg, has now had to join the fray to prop up his fellow toff. He clearly sees this as his and his party's only chance.

For the reason of desperation alone you can't blame either of them. However, people have short memories if they think any kind of Tory government could ever be any good for the nation, whereas the Liberal party's last act in government was to take the country into World War I.

Damocles said:
terryphelan said:

I'm not going to gloat here, or to argue to toss or anything. Let me just say this, God (or whoever) help all of us. The new Tory budget is about to fuck us all.

Have you seen it?

How do you know? Perhaps they may start with the many wasteful and useless Capitol programmes like "Building Schools for the future" or cut out many of the other PFI projects that will saddle this country with debts for years yo come.

Or you may care to look at the Tax Payers Alliance site at

<a class="postlink" href="http://tpa.typepad.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tpa.typepad.com/</a>

Be warned the waste has been mind blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.