Brown stepping down - What now? [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brown to stand down

Ducado said:
Well the Lib Dems have got a promise of a referendum on AV

I doubt the British people will be very forgiving to Labour and the Lib Dems

To shore up Labour will smack merely of own party interests.

I don't envy Clegg though, as some of his Party hate the Conservatives (which I understand), and PPR is their Promised Land.

But if we miss this opportunity of a Lib/Con alliance then I will be really peed off.

Cheesy said:
Ducado said:
To be honest if the Lib Dems join in with Labour they will be toast come the next election! Which will come sooner or later, I beleive that's what many Senior Tories actually want, Brown can put together a rainbow coalition, but how much are the English prepared to give to Scotland just to save Labours skin.

The Tories will walk the next election and will be in power for 20 years, which even to me is a bad thing

Dunno about the SNP, but Plaid have said the price of their 3 MP's support in any coalition government is an extra £300 million a year pumped into the Welsh economy.

Disgusting.

If that happens and other similar deals there will be consequences.

Well, Lib Dems have now shown their true colours. They have said they will only enter into an agreement with the party which promises AV.

Now, whatever your thoughts on the electoral system, this isn't the priority for the future of this country right now. The priority is debt reduction & any government should concentrate on this first before looking at anything else.

Cheesy said:
Well, Lib Dems have now shown their true colours. They have said they will only enter into an agreement with the party which promises AV.

Now, whatever your thoughts on the electoral system, this isn't the priority for the future of this country right now. The priority is debt reduction & any government should concentrate on this first before looking at anything else.

AV ? I though they wanted PR.

Challenger1978 said:
Cheesy said:

AV ? I though they wanted PR.

Alternative vote is a form of PR.

The Libs and Cons are politically poles apart. Any coalition is one of pure convienince and wouldn't last the year out.
Lab+ Libs don't have the seats to form a strong coalition.

We'll be back at the polls in the Autum with a new media friendly labour leader and Mandy spinning away

Meet our next Priminister

My other gripe with the Lib Dems now is this...

They want PR brought in without a referendum on it. Now, everyone was aware that the main Lib Dem policy was to bring in PR so if it really was wanted by the people of this country why didn't more people vote Lib Dem seeing as they were the only party promising this in their manifesto. Forcing it on the public would be unforgivable imo.

Skashion said:
Cheesy said:
Alternative vote is a form of PR.

Very debatable. I don't think many Lib Dems would accept it as such.

I think it's becoming more apparent that they would :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.