Bruno Guimaraes

So who would be? Please don't say Rice. Also not anyone who is unobtainable. My answer is there simply is no one. Go through the top teams in Europe and find me someone. Rodri's been compared to Busquets. He's steadily moving towards being an all time great at the position. I'm taking him over Kante or Makelele all day. Deschamps was an outstanding DM. Pirlo, for me while not being a typical DM, is the greatest deep lying playmaker of all time. That's the sort of company Rodri is starting to keep and you're talking about who would we bring in right now as a replacement?
That wouldn't be any easy task it is near enough impossible to find such a player in the current market.

Last edited:
Who would be on yours?
As direct replacement for Rodri? I can't think of one who is close. The first place would be La Liga but Javi Guerra player would be just too inexperienced for that role. Same with Joao Neves. Perhaps keep an eye on who Real Madrid are going to offload but Aureliene Tchoumeni might not be on their sales list.

Last edited:
Agreed games are won and lost from midfield
To win the title last season with what for me was our weakest squad in several seasons was incredible but was also won because we lost to Madrid in the quarter final, not a chance we would have got four in a row otherwise.

Our greatest ever manager is considering calling time on his chapter with us, we need to show him and just as importantly our rivals we are going nowhere and indeed are going to refresh and improve this squad considerably next season.

If we bring in several top class players we will challenge for the title, the Champions League and most important of all, secure the extension of Joseph Guardiola.

If we bring in several top class players we will challenge for the title, the Champions League and most important of all, secure the extension of Joseph Guardiola win the most elusive and coveted trophy, THE COMMUNITY SHIELD!
;)

To win the title last season with what for me was our weakest squad in several seasons was incredible but was also won because we lost to Madrid in the quarter final, not a chance we would have got four in a row otherwise.

Our greatest ever manager is considering calling time on his chapter with us, we need to show him and just as importantly our rivals we are going nowhere and indeed are going to refresh and improve this squad considerably next season.

If we bring in several top class players we will challenge for the title, the Champions League and most important of all, secure the extension of Joseph Guardiola.
Totally bud, I was very disappointed with some of the acquisitions last summer especially after the Phillips disaster. Not getting Bellingham messed stuff up and not being able to keep Gundo really did put more pressure on the team. Next season KDB will be older and sadly looks almost done. I know we have Foden but we need more creativity we also need a rodri type player who is very press resistant. The Club will have to spend big this time if we are to succeed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.