Bruno Guimaraes

70 mil plus Phillips?
If they can get a tune out of Phillips they have a 40 million player and they win
If they can't surely he's still worth 15 so not a huge loss.
Either way we get our man and release some wages.
Newcastle get their big sale and a chance they have a replacement.
Hopefully the Saudis keep an eye on blue moon and I've just talked them into it ;)

85m + Philips

We should 100% loan Bobb to them if it gets the deal done.

Even without Bobb we have a perfect mix of wide players. We have a controller for each side (Grealish left, Bernardo right) and we have a 1v1 demon for each side (Doku left, Savinho right).

Bobb needs a loan, his minutes are almost non-existent with us next season.

Yeah if they’re happy enough with a loan why not go for it?

Some game time could help him kick on as Palmer did. Just as long as we don’t sell him.

We should 100% loan Bobb to them if it gets the deal done.

Even without Bobb we have a perfect mix of wide players. We have a controller for each side (Grealish left, Bernardo right) and we have a 1v1 demon for each side (Doku left, Savinho right).

Bobb needs a loan, his minutes are almost non-existent with us next season.
Savio should be the one going on loan, if anyone. Bobb is the better player, in my opinion.

Bobb on loan to Newcastle doesn't really make much sense to us or him though, they've got Gordon and Barnes as their main wingers, behind them, the quality is pretty shit but they're not short on numbers with almiron, fraser, murphy and others who they'll likely favour due to them owning those players.

surely if we were to loan him out we would want to send him somewhere he will be a mainstay of the side otherwise he can play a squad role here. If it's a deal breaker, it's worth the sacrifice otherwise it doesn't really fit.

I just don't see why we're worried about the fee. He's an establised PL midfielder and the market has already been set for this type of player.

No-one gave a shit when clubs spent £105 & £115mill on Rice, Fernandez and Caceido respectively, last summer and Guimaraes isn't worse than any of those.

If we want him, and for me he's exactly what we need, just pay the money!

I just don't see why we're worried about the fee. He's an establised PL midfielder and the market has already been set for this type of player.

No-one gave a shit when clubs spent £105 & £115mill on Rice, Fernandez and Caceido respectively, last summer and Guimaraes isn't worse than any of those.

If we want him, and for me he's exactly what we need, just pay the money!

I suspect that unlike the fees paid by Chelsea and Arsenal, City don't think he is worth the reported £100 million release clause amount and consider his value at £85 million ?

We seem to be consistent in not overpaying where we believe it to be the case.

And maybe the hierarchy aren't really arsed, but our pathetic arselicking media whores just love to report anything which they consider to be a negative for the club !

I suspect that unlike the fees paid by Chelsea and Arsenal, City don't think he is worth the reported £100 million release clause amount and consider his value at £85 million ?

We seem to be consistent in not overpaying where we believe it to be the case.
I personally think we don't want to be seen to pay £100mill again.

But as i said though, the market has already been set and if we want players who make our team/squad better then we need to accept that's what we'll have to pay for that level of player.

He was underwhelming in the Copa America and his age profile is not what we really pay over the odds for; but if Bruno G can take the strain off Rodri then bring him in. Forget swapping Kalvin Phillips the only long shot is Cancelo but he may be on too much money for Newcastle and would probably not fancy the move North-east.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.